Hepatitis C as a Presumed Service Connection for Military - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 182
  1. #61
    Good news, test results show blood cells no longer droping! Still short of breath,weak but starting to feel a little better.Thanks for all your prayers. L/cpl Whitaker


  2. #62
    That's great news!!! Hang in there bud!

    Ted


  3. #63
    Thatís good news brother. I read where the sickness gets slightly better as your body adjust to the drugs. Iím praying for you and all the Vets with this. I also have requested prayers from my friends on Facebook who have a prayer circle (for you also Bloop). First names only, God know who you are.
    No one knows about my illness except my sons and daughters. I'm thinking about posting it on Facebook to get the word out to all Vietnam era Vets about those damn Jet injectors that they stopped using due to possible cross contamination (but that didn't cause all the Vets infection!). All my old friends know I have never used needles, screw the rest. I played high school football and we all had to get yearly physicals. The first time I went, I passed out watching someone take blood. Something about needles and human blood, go figure as Iím a deer hunter and have been up to my elbows in blood. I took a lot of ribbing about it all through high school. It was also something I had to overcome for my daughter who had regular blood test and bone marrow test. This was back before they sedated for the bone marrow test.
    I received a PM from one of our Docs. He was talking about him have mono. I had forgotten about mine! After Vietnam I was at Camp Lejeune. I was hospitalized with what they first thought was Malaria because of me being in Nam. That test was negative. They then thought it was Mono. Not sure how positive they were about that, as they seemed confused about what it was, I just remember flu like systems and my liver being extremely swollen.
    Good to see you also Ted, hope things are going good for you, or as good as can be expected.
    Take care and may God bless.






  4. #64
    Jamie,

    I see my Hep C doctor in October. She said that the new protease inhibitor meds became available this week!!! I am going back on in November after I see my son in DC, hopefully for th e24 week therapy.

    They weren't sure what was wrong with you because there was no test for HCV until 1992. they didn't identify HCV until 1989. They called it Non A/Non B Hepatitis because they didn't know what it was. Once they were able to test blood for it in 1992 they stopped using air guns and went to single dose syringes but stayed with multiple use medicine bottles.

    If you got a tattoo while in the crotch then you should be service connected it you aren't already. I'm service connected at 20% for it but glad that I am in case I ever need more serious treatment.

    When are you scheduled to start treatment? Be sure to ask about the Peg-Interferon, Ribovirin and Protease Inhibitor therapy that is now available.

    Let's keep this Prayer Circle goin' guys because that is very good medicine too. Just knowing you other guys are out there helps a whole bunch.

    Your bud,
    Ted


  5. #65
    Ted
    I have an appointment in New Orleans October 18 at the GI clinic for my consultation to determine what drugs I will be taking. I don't know how bad any of the drugs taken orally are on the stomach, but I've had ulcers since I was fourteen. Also they found a new hernia in my esophagus when the did a sonogram on my liver. I had surgery ten years ago to stop acid reflux. Food will go down but nothing can come up. I can't vomit (dry heaves), or burp. That's why I quit drinking beer years ago after the surgery, can't burp, can't drink beer, lol. Guess I was lucky I quit drinking all those years ago. I also have to bring my blood test up to date before I go as they will be three months old.

    BTW, I get news e-mail on liver health. This is my latest one.



    Dear Jamie,

    This Research & Treatment News update gives you highlights from the
    latest articles posted to Hepatitis-Central.com for patients and their
    families, caregivers and health professionals. With new information
    being published regularly, we want you to have the latest news on
    treatments, clinical trials, social issues and important breakthroughs.

    Drug Companies Headed Toward Improving Hep C Therapy

    With the recent approval of the direct acting antivirals (DAA) Incivek
    and Victrelis, Hepatitis C treatment is improving. However, the next
    crop of DAAs has the potential to make Hepatitis C treatment even
    better.

    To learn more, click below:
    http://emm.natural-wellness.com/r.ht...5we.usk3kdl44f


    Fast Track for Hep C Drug PSI-938

    Showing potential to be a monotherapy for chronic Hepatitis C
    infection, the FDA has awarded Pharmasset with fast track status for
    its drug in development, PSI-938.

    To learn more, click below:
    http://emm.natural-wellness.com/r.ht...5wf.ky1h4l2r2h

    Take care guys,

    Semper Fi


  6. #66
    Thanks Guys, I,ll be praying for you also.Getting half way is like getting off Parris Island,It,s all down hill from here. I,m going to beat this thing!!!!!!!! L/CPL Whitaker


  7. #67

    New HCV Medications now available!!

    Guys,

    The new triple therapy medications for hepatitis C are now available.

    Peg-Interferon, Riboviron and protease inhibitor (Telapravir) in combination therapy have a much greater success rate than peg-interferon and Ribovirin alone.

    The treatment is based on how well you respond (Response Guided Therapy) and may last as little as 24 weeks!

    Talk to your gastro people and see if this is right for you!

    Later,
    Ted


  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by jamielang1951 View Post
    Ted
    I have an appointment in New Orleans October 18 at the GI clinic for my consultation to determine what drugs I will be taking. I don't know how bad any of the drugs taken orally are on the stomach, but I've had ulcers since I was fourteen. Also they found a new hernia in my esophagus when the did a sonogram on my liver. I had surgery ten years ago to stop acid reflux. Food will go down but nothing can come up. I can't vomit (dry heaves), or burp. That's why I quit drinking beer years ago after the surgery, can't burp, can't drink beer, lol. Guess I was lucky I quit drinking all those years ago. I also have to bring my blood test up to date before I go as they will be three months old.

    BTW, I get news e-mail on liver health. This is my latest one.



    Dear Jamie,

    This Research & Treatment News update gives you highlights from the
    latest articles posted to Hepatitis-Central.com for patients and their
    families, caregivers and health professionals. With new information
    being published regularly, we want you to have the latest news on
    treatments, clinical trials, social issues and important breakthroughs.

    Drug Companies Headed Toward Improving Hep C Therapy

    With the recent approval of the direct acting antivirals (DAA) Incivek
    and Victrelis, Hepatitis C treatment is improving. However, the next
    crop of DAAs has the potential to make Hepatitis C treatment even
    better.

    To learn more, click below:
    http://emm.natural-wellness.com/r.ht...5we.usk3kdl44f


    Fast Track for Hep C Drug PSI-938

    Showing potential to be a monotherapy for chronic Hepatitis C
    infection, the FDA has awarded Pharmasset with fast track status for
    its drug in development, PSI-938.

    To learn more, click below:
    http://emm.natural-wellness.com/r.ht...5wf.ky1h4l2r2h

    Take care guys,

    Semper Fi
    jamie,

    The new meds are now available. Perfect timing brother!! See my latest post. I start treatment on Nov.18th.

    Good luck,
    Ted


  9. #69
    Hey Jarheads, I,m almost there, at week 20. Have four more weeks of treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all you,re prayers and encouragement.Hope your treatments go well ,will continue to pray for you.Stay in touch. L/CPL Whitaker


  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by 2599108 View Post
    Hey Jarheads, I,m almost there, at week 20. Have four more weeks of treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all you,re prayers and encouragement.Hope your treatments go well ,will continue to pray for you.Stay in touch. L/CPL Whitaker
    Wow,

    Do you have a short stick!

    I'm going to give it a second tour. Hopefully this time it will work for me. I will be on triple therapy with the protease inhibitor added to the interferon and ribovirin.

    Great job short timer!
    Ted


  11. #71
    My Marine Brothers. I too have Hep. C. I started this new treatment on September 9th. It has really been rough going because of the side effects. I'll be going to the Dr. on Monday to find out if the treatment is working for me. If so, the I have about 19 weeks of this treatment left.

    Semper Fi...Oorah!!


  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by maspotente2 View Post
    My Marine Brothers. I too have Hep. C. I started this new treatment on September 9th. It has really been rough going because of the side effects. I'll be going to the Dr. on Monday to find out if the treatment is working for me. If so, the I have about 19 weeks of this treatment left.

    Semper Fi...Oorah!!
    Maspotente,

    I've been through it once in the past, could only do 31 of 48 weeks because my LFT went to 230, 5 times normal. Virus was gone but came back after 6 months. That was peg-interferon and ribovirin.

    I start peg-interferon, ribovirin and the new protease inhibitor on Nov.18.

    I'm preparing for this as though it were just another battle guys. The enemy is an unseen virus and the weapon is all the meds I will bombard it with them. It will be sleeping in the mud again but at least Ill be back in the fight!

    This is how we need to look at it. it's just another battle and no matter how down it gets us we will prevail.

    We are here for each other. I got your 6 and you've got mine. Helping one another is all we've got so let's stick together and get this battle behind us.

    Keep fighting, you are winning against a fierce enemy, but you are winning by doing!

    Good luck on the 4 week checkup. Let us know your status. We are rooting for you!

    Your brother in arms,
    Ted


  13. #73
    I am taking the med...Incivec(new protease inhibitor) along with the Ribavirin & Interferon> Just another battle as you say. I got your back and thanks for watching out for mine.

    I'll keep y'all posted.

    Semper Fi My Brothers!


  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by maspotente2 View Post
    I am taking the med...Incivec(new protease inhibitor) along with the Ribavirin & Interferon> Just another battle as you say. I got your back and thanks for watching out for mine.

    I'll keep y'all posted.

    Semper Fi My Brothers!
    Hey Bud,

    Did you clear the virus after 4 weeks.

    Ted


  15. #75
    This is not an easy battle,but it can be won with overwelming results! Stick to the battle plan and you will prevail. I am still feeling the side effects,but I know I have the enemy on the run.I,ll strike swift and often.Thanks for your support . L/CPL Whitaker


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts