Hurricane RJ... Memorial link...
Create Post
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Hurricane RJ... Memorial link...

http://www2.wrbl.com/news/2010/oct/2...al-ar-1001800/

Fitting for a 1/8 Marine to be laid to rest 10/23/10.....27 years later.

RIP Marine Hurricane,RJ ...

RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Chuck I get the reference. Sad no one else does. RIP Raymon. Your short time on earth is over Marine. You've gone home to God.

R.I.P. Brother ! I will never forget that date for two reasons now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOW! It breaks my heart.

R.I.P. Marine you will be on my mind always.

Credits
    Savings
    To those of you who just knew Johnson through here, I served with him. When I first got to the Fleet, he was one of my mentors. He took me under his wing, even though we were in seperate companies (he was in Alpha, I was in Weapons). He took me around base while I was moving my wife up here and still living in the barracks without a vehicle. He showed me around, took me out around Jacksonville and was an all around great friend. My father, wife and I took him to his first ever Miami Hurricanes game (he was a huge fan, hence his username). He talked to my dad the whole way home, trying to coax his fears about his son deploying to Afghanistan, telling him it was going to be ok and that we'll be safe and hopefully it will turn into another Al Asad deployment for us.

Well, I got the word after we went into River City that it was a Johnson in Alpha, but there were 4 of them. A day or so later, I found it was Raymon.

He was a great Marine, a great leader, and a great friend. Rest in Peace brother. I love you and I appreciate everything you did for me. Semper Fidelis.

The first day I met him was 10/23 when I got to the Fleet. For 1/8, it was fitting that we got there on 10/23 and it is unfortunate he was laid to rest that same day.

RIP RJ,, you were a good dude and I miss seeing you around. Thanks for providing me the freedom I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    To those of you who just knew Johnson through here, I served with him. When I first got to the Fleet, he was one of my mentors. He took me under his wing, even though we were in seperate companies (he was in Alpha, I was in Weapons). He took me around base while I was moving my wife up here and still living in the barracks without a vehicle. He showed me around, took me out around Jacksonville and was an all around great friend. My father, wife and I took him to his first ever Miami Hurricanes game (he was a huge fan, hence his username). He talked to my dad the whole way home, trying to coax his fears about his son deploying to Afghanistan, telling him it was going to be ok and that we'll be safe and hopefully it will turn into another Al Asad deployment for us.

Well, I got the word after we went into River City that it was a Johnson in Alpha, but there were 4 of them. A day or so later, I found it was Raymon.

He was a great Marine, a great leader, and a great friend. Rest in Peace brother. I love you and I appreciate everything you did for me. Semper Fidelis.

The first day I met him was 10/23 when I got to the Fleet. For 1/8, it was fitting that we got there on 10/23 and it is unfortunate he was laid to rest that same day.
    http://leatherneck.com/forums/showth...ht=hurricanerj

Post #7.

Thread Information