No More Scuzz Brushing on the Island?!
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

No More Scuzz Brushing on the Island?!

Yes it's true, my company was the last company to use the brush their entire stay on the Island.

Too many Recruits going to medical complaining of Knee pains and Joint aches.

For the last 4 weeks not a single Scuzz Brush has touched the deck.

Sooooo what do they do? Before boot, I never knew you could do that much with a brush.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Welcome Aboard New Marine

Congratulations and welcome aboard Marine.

Jim

Our Drill Instructors talked about using a Towel next cycle, not sure though what they're going to do to replace it.

And thank you, it was all worth it.

I'm having trouble believing this...

Credits
    Savings
    Somewhere in my basement, i know i still have the one issued to me at the island.
    We used them on the decks, laundering our clothes on the wash racks next to the barracks, cleaning and brushing the horsehair greens and blankets to remove lint.
    I doubt them having made a Harder Brush.
    Perhaps they're makeing softer recruits ?

I call BS

I'm speechless....for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward2010 View Post
    Yes it's true, my company was the last company to use the brush their entire stay on the Island.

Too many Recruits going to medical complaining of Knee pains and Joint aches.

For the last 4 weeks not a single Scuzz Brush has touched the deck.
    Be sure to take your scrub brush home with you. Once you have to give up your rifle, it will be your best friend. Great for scrubbing kids and dogs.

I'm quite sure that the Drill Instructors will improvise by locating a tooth brush or two or three or more.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchusa View Post
    I call BS
    I'm not lying. I got off the island two weeks ago and it happened our last week. We were told we shouldnt give a **** because we were done anyway and we were the last company to use it the entire length of Recruit Training. Also 6 or so more rules were made for Drill Instructors but we never were told what those were. I Was just passing the information along if I was going to make something up I could come up with something better than our scuzzbbrush.

I'm not lying. I got off the island two weeks ago and it happened our last week. We were told we shouldnt give a **** because we were done anyway and we were the last company to use it the entire length of Recruit Training. Also 6 or so more rules were made for Drill Instructors but we never were told what those were. I Was just passing the information along if I was going to make something up I could come up with something better than our scuzzbbrush.
    I can't imagine what will take their place, unless it is toothbrushes as mentioned earlier.

Didn't say you were lying, I just think you got bad scoop. To me it sounds like your DI's were having some fun with y'all is all.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchusa View Post
    Didn't say you were lying, I just think you got bad scoop. To me it sounds like your DI's were having some fun with y'all is all.
    I certainly hope so. Without that all purpose brush how would handle a squad member that was not taking a shower regularly?

First phase platoons were in the chow hall talking about how they were so happy there was no more scuzzing so I don't know it seemed legit

Thread Information