To my friend and brother marine1991 (Cpl. Charley Zimmerman)
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy To my friend and brother marine1991 (Cpl. Charley Zimmerman)

Hey everyone,

It hurts me to let you guys know that last night, I was informed that Charley Zimmerman, who some of you know as marine1991 (especially everyone that goes to the chatroom) passed away last night from illness by his wife Sharon. Charley told me it was Gulf War Syndrome a few months before he passed away.

He wanted me to give everyone this message in case of him passing away, and I am honoring his last wish. Here it is.

----------------------------------------------

Friends, I want to let you ALL know I have passed away. As some may know, I have had problems dealing with my illness I received while deployed in 1991. It has recently sprung up violently and has been killing me. I am thankful for the 38 years I have occupied this Earth. To friends who have brightened my life, thank you. I appreciate you very much and believe me I didn’t want to go. I am proud to say I went down a Marine. To everyone that has been a true friend, thank you. I will cherish the memories we have had, whether we were drunk and hitting on just about any girl or we were crying together.

As time passes on without me, don’t fret. I will still “be here”. I don’t want to brag, but I have a strong feeling that my presence will remain in your lives forever, or so I hope!. So whether you’re a guy or girl, it does not matter. You are all my brothers and sisters and I love you as so. You have been an inspiration to me, all of you, when I have been down in the dirt or when I have had tough times in my life, you firmly stood, Marine or Civilian, a good friend. You have put up with me when nobody else probably would. I commend you all.

In closing thoughts, you all will be with me. I was honored to help you poolees out, and I was proud to give the best advice I could, when I could. God bless and I will miss you all, Semper Fidelis.

Sincerely,
    Charley Zimmerman
    United States Marine

--------------------

Charley, even though we served in different branches, you in the Marine Corps and I in the Army, you were one of my closest friends and one of the best brothers a soldier can ask for. It breaks my heart and I still cannot believe that you're gone. But now, I know that you are having a cold one with Chesty Puller and your fellow fallen Marines. I'll never forget you..nor will I forget that we are family..ever.

I love and miss you so much. Semper Fi, brother.

Last edited by tidus37; 01-01-11 at 05:37 PM. Reason: needed to add additional details

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    RIP Hollywood.....

May God Bless and comfort your friends and family at this time.
    You and I had many a great conversation, you will be missed.

Very kind of you to post this.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    We will all regroup one day brother. Till then, S/F

You won't be forgotten Charley.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Rest in Final Peace Marine.

May God comfort your family and friends

Charley, you told me Marines never die so i know your there in spirit. i wish i could of thanked you one last time. thank you, and i am forever indebted to you. RIP

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your not gone,,,, You just got point.

RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

RIP and Semper Fi Charley. You will be missed.

R.I.P. Charley! You will be missed and we had several laughs together.
    Semper Fi
    Lin

Semper Fi Charley!

Quote Originally Posted by marine1968 View Post
    Very kind of you to post this.
    No worries. Anything to make sure that our brother is remembered.

Credits
    Savings
    SemperFidelis Charlie,, it was a pleasure to have known you.

Marines dont leave our dead, we carry them with us, even after they're
    gone

Rest In Peace Charley May God Craddle You In His Arms. May God Richley Bless And Watch Over Your Family.
    Semper Fi My Brother.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information