No More Scuzz Brushing on the Island?! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That only came up 5 times in google?! I think I better get my patent on that one!

This has got to be a joke. As dumb as it sounds scuzzing was one of the hardest things I had to do at boot camp. When you scuzz for hours on end and the windows are shut and bleach is being splashed in your face and its smell is so strong you can hardly breath... you know you are being trained.

At OCS we used them last year 09 and this year 10. Never had any complaints about knees or joints.

I reckon it would feel like hell scuzzing the deck with a hand brush using caustic toxic chemicals and a D.I. gnashing down your neck; if a recruit had never worked a steady 8+ hour day in any number of low paying, cruel bent over manual labor occupations under a prick foreman

Scuzzing was never hard until you had to lift something and hold it while you scuzzed outside of that all it was, was a time killer. Honestly if you ***** and moan about it then check yourself cause even 4th Bn doesn't ***** about stupid **** like this

Makes sense to eliminate the brush BUT but what are we going to do in case of another war, make guns or washing machines.

How are we going to get all those machines to the front lines? How many men will them ashore? Are we going to run them on big batteris or generators?

Canc this.

My sisters boyfriend is on the Island right now (3 weeks in and he is the Guide) and I got this message from her today...
    Just got a letter from Conner.. He wants me to tell u he got the scuz brush treatment the other day. He thinks he blew his knees out going from one end of the squad to the other.
    Despite the claims coming from the lance coconut underground.....I think scuz brushing is alive and well.

Credits
    Savings
    I remember times after scuzzing I had to count all the bristles.....i lost count so bam quarterdeck...fun times.

Bum scoop !

Quote Originally Posted by cmiller91 View Post
    They must have just stopped that then, we used scuzz brushes even through Marine Week October 3-8th, 2010 (3 weeks ago).
    Hell yeah Bravo Nation! I was 1078

Im truly disappointed to hear about this. Scuzzing was, by far, worse than the quarter deck, and our DIs knew it. The threat of scuzzing up and down the highway always got us to snap to. Its a shame they're stopping it

I just got back from the island and this is 100% true... it's crap.. but heh... at least I got to enjoy the fun of getting messed up by the scuzz brush...

It's just a phase, somebody took the scuzz brushing punishments too far so a higher up decided to take it away... it'll be back.

I will say that they do change thing's becall's it not the same as it was when I wen't in 1978 as when they went in 1940. I'am sure they will fine something that will work.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    They are stopping it because people complained, and instead of the Marine Corps bucking society's wishes, they are going to please those who complained. What a shame. Maybe if people complain about boot camp existing, they can take a written test in lieu of boot camp, the way things are going.

Credits
    Savings
    Towels were worse imo

How can that be?

The times sure are a changin

Thread Information