Job List Coming Out...? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DubGee View Post
    I meant that, for example, I want 1391 bulk fuel. But, theres no contracts out right now. So, Im going to get a 42xx contract because thats the 2nd most job I want. So, I ship out in April under 42xx. In the meantime though, Ill call my recruiter up every week and make sure he has an eye out for a 1391 BF contract, so I can switch before I ship.

But, If i cant get the BF contract, then atleast I have my 42xx contract. So ill be doing a job that I somewhat want to do.
    lol okay i misunderstood but i hope u get the job u want

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I meant that, for example, I want 1391 bulk fuel. But, theres no contracts out right now. So, Im going to get a 42xx contract because thats the 2nd most job I want. So, I ship out in April under 42xx. In the meantime though, Ill call my recruiter up every week and make sure he has an eye out for a 1391 BF contract, so I can switch before I ship.

But, If i cant get the BF contract, then atleast I have my 42xx contract. So ill be doing a job that I somewhat want to do.
    I'm hoping on Intelligence or Motor T for my secondaries. I have the ASVAB score for Intelligence and I love big things that go VROOM! so I've got that figured out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    lol okay i misunderstood but i hope u get the job u want
    No worries haha. And yes I did. Signed my 03xx contract about 1 month ago

No worries haha. And yes I did. Signed my 03xx contract about 1 month ago
    hey i might be your radio guy in your unit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Woah now. Easy there kids. Yes, I want to get my specific job feild (MP) pretty badly, and I'll annoy my recruiter until I ship to MEPS to get it, but that's only because I want to go into the law enforcement feild if/when I get out. If I don't end up getting it, oh well, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. I'd still go in no matter what job I got anyway guys, so chill out.

So yeah, talking to my recruiter about it on Tuesday after poolie function. He has the job list. We'll see what happens.

Hey girl,
    That's the MOS I wanted also. But my recruiter said it was full and would remain full for awhile. He also told me that most jobs in the Corps don't directly translate into civilian jobs, so just find something your interested in and go for it! I hope you get that MOS you want, but if not just try something else in the legal field!

I would never go unless I got the job I want, and I've waited since April for the fiscal year to start so I could get the MOS I wanted (03) and just found out today that the only way to get it is to wait 2 MORE months and changed my ship date to Feb. 7th now instead of Dec.6th. Salty salty salty

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes43 View Post
    Hey girl,
    That's the MOS I wanted also. But my recruiter said it was full and would remain full for awhile. He also told me that most jobs in the Corps don't directly translate into civilian jobs, so just find something your interested in and go for it! I hope you get that MOS you want, but if not just try something else in the legal field!
    I'm gonna try anyway. I definitely don't want my shipdate changed, since I want to get back for graduation, but I'm bringing my dad with me so maybe my SSGT will take me a little more seriously. My dad's scary. ^^

I've already got a couple of jobs picked out, as seen above, so I think I'll be fine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    So my shipdate is pushed up and my MP (UT on the list) MOS is being sent to MEPS tonight. As long as it goes through soon it's my understanding that I'll have my job set up before it gets snatched.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Woah now. Easy there kids. Yes, I want to get my specific job feild (MP) pretty badly, and I'll annoy my recruiter until I ship to MEPS to get it, but that's only because I want to go into the law enforcement feild if/when I get out. If I don't end up getting it, oh well, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. I'd still go in no matter what job I got anyway guys, so chill out.

So yeah, talking to my recruiter about it on Tuesday after poolie function. He has the job list. We'll see what happens.

So you're callin me a kid and tellin me to chill out?

I understand the Poolee's here saying they would still serve even if they didnt get the MOS they wanted. But make sure you get an MOS you atleast wanted on your wishlist, because having the title Marine wont make up for hating your time in the Corps.

for example, If you wanted 03XX but it wasen't available how would you feel if you got refridgerator mechanic?

If anyone has the refridgerator mechanic job i mean no offense if you enjoy it. my point is dont join unless you have a MOS that you know you're interested in and can enjoy while you serve. My father went open contract in the Marines and though he loved it and earning the title, he hated his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    I understand the Poolee's here saying they would still serve even if they didnt get the MOS they wanted. But make sure you get an MOS you atleast wanted on your wishlist, because having the title Marine wont make up for hating your time in the Corps.

for example, If you wanted 03XX but it wasen't available how would you feel if you got refridgerator mechanic?

If anyone has the refridgerator mechanic job i mean no offense if you enjoy it. my point is dont join unless you have a MOS that you know you're interested in and can enjoy while you serve. My father went open contract in the Marines and though he loved it and earning the title, he hated his job.
    well i got communications job so i am happy

Thread Information