What are you doing now. - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    I wear safety gear (helmet, textile jacket, gloves, steel toe boots), but I don't otherwise care for the "motorcycle rider costume" or the whole "Look At Me! I'm a Harley Rider!" image.

I wear a helmet I do have a leather jacket for cold weather .. I have a leather vest with the Globe and anchor on the back with the script ... "Any Punk Can Wear Your Patch" .... "ONLY A FEW MEN CAN WEAR THIS ONE" I am clean shaven and wear my hair short not quite as short as when I was in the Corps,
    I refuse to be type cast as a gangster I ride alone .

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotist View Post
    I ride alone.
    +1 - Oh yeah! Always!

was in USMC from 1957 to 1961 and am now 74 b'day last Sat 2/19 so don't have time to mess with the motor cycle gang image or foolishness.. willl ride till I die ... have 04 hd sportster 1200.....

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotist View Post
    was in USMC from 1957 to 1961 and am now 74 b'day last Sat 2/19 so don't have time to mess with the motor cycle gang image or foolishness.. willl ride till I die ... have 04 hd sportster 1200.....
    Well, Happy Birthday - ya old fart!

Personally, I'd rather die an old man in a motorcycle accident than an old man in a 'home'.

I was just curious if he got harrassed being a former cop and looking like a out-law biker. That seems to be the garb of choice for most Harley riders around these parts. But if you don't look like an out-law I suppose cops look at you like any other Cycle rider. Personally I rode Goldwings when I had a bike. But gave it up when I realized I was making paymrnts and paying Ins. on a Motorcycle I only rode a few days a year. Kinda miss it a little though, and have maintained my Motorcycle license just in case. SF

harley

Well I live in New Mexico where the winters are mild and the summers hot so i get to ride often and the population here is sparse so road trips are not traffic cluttered ... guess living inthis area has its advantages... Goldwings are nice you ought to get another and relocate ..

If I told you, I'd have to kill you......He He
    HIP

Retired from the USMC in 1995

Currently, Respiratory Therapist, University of Tennesse Medical Center, Knoxville, TN (will retire from the state of TN on June 1st 2013...not that I'm counting).

Well, I'm wearing safety googles. a leather apron, industrial gloves, steel toed boots, and a safety helmet while masturbating. You can't be too careful!!

I was a Territorial Manager (read as Outside Salesman) for a steel company. I had worked in that business for about 25 years or so. My wife passed away from cancer in 2006 and after that, my heart just wasn't in my job any longer. The final push was finding out about 18 months ago that I have cancer also. My finances allowed it, so I retired a year ago last February. Going to take some time to smell the roses as they say. As far as what I am doing, it's simple. I now do what I want, when I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by tracs1833 View Post
    I was a Territorial Manager (read as Outside Salesman) for a steel company. I had worked in that business for about 25 years or so. My wife passed away from cancer in 2006 and after that, my heart just wasn't in my job any longer. The final push was finding out about 18 months ago that I have cancer also. My finances allowed it, so I retired a year ago last February. Going to take some time to smell the roses as they say. As far as what I am doing, it's simple. I now do what I want, when I want!!

Good luck to you brother, we are pulling for you. S/F

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I am sure that losing a spouse is a traumatic experience. And then to find that you also are at risk... Well you will be in my prayers... If in your travels you ever come through the fine state of New Mexico give me a call ... we might swap tales over a cup of coffee.

Thanks, Marines. Yeah, losing my wife to breast cancer (she was only 47) was and still is tough. As for my situation, I'm doing great. I learned a long time ago that you have to play the cards you're dealt. No sense in worrying about something that you have no control over.

I am glad that you are in such high spirits. I am still sorry to hear that you lost your wife at such a young age. I will hope and pray for nothing but the best for you. I hope the rest of your days bring you peace, and that they may be magnificent. May God bless you in everything that you do.

The only thing I ask of you is this...never hesitate to ask for anything. If you need something, Either I, or another Marine on this site will be more than willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

S/F Brother and Peace be with you.

Thread Information