What are you doing now. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Biochemist in Research & Development in food industry. I basically make flavor enhancements and develop new flavors.

Previously worked for Army Corps of Engineers in Aquatic Research.
    Does that mean you make meat taste better?

Me, I presently work in the UAE, boring for hydrocarbons and other precious minerals from Ole Mother Earth.

Occasionally, I get to look up a Burka.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post

Me, I presently work in the UAE, boring for hydrocarbons and other precious minerals from Ole Mother Earth.

Oh, ya. I make meat very flavorful. I also make "fake" meat flavors -- just in case you can't get the real thing. Mouthfeel is very important.

I also work a lot with yeast extract harvesting RNA, enzymes, amino acids, peptidases, proteinases, and other stuff that will melt your face off.

I always wondered what you did over there other than boring in Burkas.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    tdrt,,,I always imagined you in the kitchen.

Hopefully not barefoot and pregnant!

Cropduster Pilot during season, I just opened up an Aircraft Repair facility, looking for a good A&P for a few months or if anyone wants aviation maintenance experience with low pay.lol!. www.easterncarolinaaviation.com

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Firefighter/Paramedic and EMT Instructor at night.

Hey Lep, I am a huge military history buff, how did you get hooked up with the job at USMCHC?
    Absolute DUMB luck believe it or not. Saw an article in Leatherneck, found out I lived close to the Headquarters....and sent in a resume. Just went from there LOL. Where do you live? I'll see if we have a district working near you.

Worked the coalmines of Southeastern Utah for 15 yrs,removed asbestos for 5, rought necked a couple.. whatever it took to feed the family,now working as a Lead rampserviceman for United Airlines at Chicago O'hare unloading and loading aircraft, 12 yrs so far, I'm 60 and hoping SS is still around in 5 more yrs since United stole my pension. this getting older stuff ain't for wimps.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post

I get an inaccurate fix on those coords - 26º 30' N, 54º 16' E
    Even ran it past the nav-geeks at Groundspeak® and the consensus is that you're trespassing in Southern Iran right on the coast, but still Iran.. better pack up and clear the hell outta there

'Jack, you got that right.

Big Al...you might wanna "Dii dii" LOL

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Oh, ya. I make meat very flavorful. I also make "fake" meat flavors -- just in case you can't get the real thing. Mouthfeel is very important.
    Have any studies been conducted on enhancing the meat flavors of a human subject to bring out the mouth watering tantalizing flavors?

I have a great deal of experience being a lab rat....I will volunteer if the benefits include smörgåsbord or all you can eat.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    I get an inaccurate fix on those coords - 26º 30' N, 54º 16' E
    Even ran it past the nav-geeks at Groundspeak® and the consensus is that you're trespassing in Southern Iran right on the coast, but still Iran.. better pack up and clear the hell outta there
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    'Jack, you got that right.
    Big Al...you might wanna "Dii dii" LOL
    Well, I am kinda close, but some 2 miles South of Iranian water, in the Arabian Gulf.

I'll do a double check up on the navigation system up in the control room when I get back.

NameMÆRSK RESILIENT
    TypeMSC CJ50-X100 MC, 350 ft jack-up drilling rig
    Year of construction2008
    ClassAmerican Bureau of Shipping
    Work areaWater depth up to 106 m (350 ft)
    Derrick64 x 14 x 14 m (210 x 45 x 45 ft)
    Hull dimension70 m x 68 m x 9.5 m (229 ft x 223 ft x 31 ft)
    Length of legs146.3 m (479 ft)
    Rated water depth106 m (350 ft)
    Rated drilling depth9,150 m (30,000 ft)
    Variable loadUp to 4,500 t
    Cantilever reach21,3 m x 14 m (70 x 46 ft)
    Power supplyFour main generator sets with a minimum of 8,000 kW output
    Well control equipment18 ¾” – 15,000 psi consisting of one annular + two double ram
    CranesTwo cranes with 47.3 m (155 ft) boom, 50 mt static and 40 mt
    Cement pump15,000 psi wp. (On free placement)
    Hoisting equipment capacity1,500,000 lbs (static hook load w top drive)
    DrawworksGH 4500 EG-AC with three AC motors & gears grooved for 1 3/4
    Top driveMaritime Hydraulic DDM-750-AC, 680 mt capacity with pipe handler and block retract system.
    Mud pumpsThree 2,200 hp, rated for 7,500 psi
    Bulk mud capacity300 m3 (10,550 ft3)
    Bulk cement capacity200 m3 (7,050 ft3)
    Liquid mud capacity6,290 bbl (1,000 m3)
    Accommodation120 persons
    Delivery2008

I Am An Lpn Working In A Nursing Home. Where I Give The Few Vets There A Little Extra Tlc

Senior Engineer at a high technology electronics company for the last 30 years. Someday I will find job that will make me get off my butt and do some manual labor!

Quote Originally Posted by usmc987332 View Post
    Retired after sixty-on years, including MC. Currently trying to break the Guiness Book of Records on the number of diseases one man can have and still be around.
    I can do better than the above. Discharged from the MC in 1946. Spent two years in Business College and began career in in the accounting field. Boo-Boo Bobby joined the Army Reserve to get a free course in governmental accounting. There was a price, called into the service under a critical MOS. Married and went to Camp Rucker, Alabama as served one year as the Administrative Assistant for The Adjutant General of the 31st Logistical Command before returning to Tennessee. Returned to my job, and after a couple job changes became the Treasurer of Wheels & Brakes, Inc. Retired in 1985 after a massive heart attack and by-pass surgery.

After recovery, I became an Enrolled Agent and had my own business for fifteen years. Retired in 2001 after suffering a stroke.

59 years of blissful marriage before I lost Kate last year. We raised two wonderful girls. Both are married, and both are school teachers. The oldest, Cindy, has nine children, three adopted. The other has a boy and a girl.

Cindy's husband has been in the computer field all his career, working on student records for three different universities. He and Cindy have done a good job with their children. Three have finished college and have rewarding jobs. Another are still in college and two are still in high school. One boy entered the Marine Corps a few months ago and two will become Marines next May. Incidentally, the one in the Corps is a grunt. I don't exactly know what his MOS is. One of two joining next May will be in OCS. The other wants to be a grunt and has asked for the infantry.

My other daughter, Janie, teaches Drama in the Anna Texas high School. Her husband, Jeff, is a VP with an insurance company. He, also, is a Bird Colonel with the Texas National Guard and has just completed War College. He is the Commanding Officer of the 56th Brigade of the Texas National Guard. He has tours of duty in Korea (6 months), Bosnia (1 year) and Iraq (1 year).

Much of our early lives Kate & I spent growing up with our girls. Rock hunting, fossil hunting, insect collecting, raising varmits, swimming, hiking, painting and just plain old having fun. Both of spent many years being youth workers and Sunday School teachers in our church.

Kate and I had our time together. We loved to roam antigue shops (Junk shops to you.), auctions, yard work, genealogy. and a few other things. Both of us had a colonial backgroung and traveled extensively through the SE digging in old records.

Kate and I both had our own things. Kate enjoyed flower arranging and was active in local women's civic groups.

I served as a scout master for over fifteen years. Me and my boys hiked almost every trail in the Smoky Mountains, being gone for as long as a week. I have tried my hand at wood work. I am a master taking a piece of junk and turning into a serviceable of furniture. I have been a Lion ever since the 1950s. I am a novice writer and have done many stories on our families and shared them with the family. I am currently writing my first historical novel, which I probably will never complete.

Oh yes, I am a master with furninshing people with more information than they want.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    After a 20 year Naval career, I was blessed to find something I truly enjoy. I teach American History on the college level. Sort of a nomad instructor since I lack a Ph.D. Right now I'm teaching a class in the history of the Marine Corps at VMI.

What a pleasure it is gentleman to enter a class room where a senior Kaydet calls attention, all stand when I enter. There are no cell phones allowed, they respond with a sir, they are all in uniform and if they had an attitude, it was checked at the door

As a personal aside, your Kate will be waiting for you Bob just as my Lorrie will be.

Thread Information