What are you doing now. - Page 18
Create Post
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Boiler & HVAC mechanic

Customs and Border Protection Officer , Department of Homeland Security

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Currently going to school for my AOS in Medical Assisting and then working towards my RN.

I'm an E-8 in the CT Air National Guard, Not the Marines but It's the only way I can serve at 49 years old. Hope to keep going until 60. I always regret not putting more time into the Marines. I had it made and didn't even know it.

Retired from Phila. Police Dept. after 24 years service in 1990. Then became. Pa. State Parole Agent and again retired with 20 years service in May 2010. Enjoying retirement now.

I am now a Motion Designer for a creative agency in Seattle, WA. I also started an iOS App company.

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-26-13 at 01:57 PM. Reason: No personnal info on an open forum.

Back to working as an EMT (got it before I went in) and currently processing with a few LE agencies.

I miss the Corps. Been out just over a year and I still find myself reminiscing and looking at pictures from those 4 years all the time.

Certainly do NOT miss Jacksonville/J-Vegas/the ****ing Mall or JPD however.

check usajobs.gov, alot of great jobs there.

USAjobs is the ONLY portal for federal employment except perhaps for executive appointments. With the sequestration in effect, hiring is at a standstill. Here at the FDA hiring is frozen; only internal promotions. If you can get in, great. If you want to get rich working fed, FORGET IT. I took this position out of retirement and for brain stimulation. In private industry this position worth 3X what I'm paid. If you want satisfaction helping people and saving lives, great. Go for it.

Don't feel too bad.

I'd been at my same job for over 5 years without a raise. We just got our first in June, and my paycheck has gone up $20 per pay period.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fl1946 View Post
    USAjobs is the ONLY portal for federal employment except perhaps for executive appointments. With the sequestration in effect, hiring is at a standstill. Here at the FDA hiring is frozen; only internal promotions. If you can get in, great. If you want to get rich working fed, FORGET IT. I took this position out of retirement and for brain stimulation. In private industry this position worth 3X what I'm paid. If you want satisfaction helping people and saving lives, great. Go for it.
    Well that's how I got my job with cubic ensuring aviation soldiers are following policy and doing training correctly as an analyst.

JP -- We were told last week that our $$ incentive awards just changed. No money, just time off. Good luck.

Wow, it's been 2 years since I listed what I was up to on here so I guess it's time for a little update.

After 18 months in Iraq (Deployment #6...2nd as a contractor) the wife told me it was time to come home and stop tempting fate...lol

Took a job at INSCOM for about 18 months and after being bored to tears, decided it was time to move on so I'm now working for one of the 3 letter agencies in VA. Loving the job but it's a means to an end. I'm putting my Post 9/11 GI Bill to use and getting my Bachelor's in Political Science from Penn State...then it's on to law school. Shooting to be done in the next 5 years and then I'll re-evaluate the life goals. BTW, all of this while the wife is still active duty. She's going on 10 years now and has order to the drill field next. Should be a good start to her 2nd half of 20.

When I got out back in 1990, I went back into security work and that was ok for a few years. Tried to get back to my unit when the whole Iraqi freedom happened, but was told they didn't NEED Foot Troops and it was all air war and Stealth stuff.
    Anyway, went to College, got my degree and found the Marine Corp League as a way to stay connected with the Corps. 15 years later I am now involved with the Joint Services Honor Command, a voluteer group of former military members from all branches and some civilians and we go out and perform last rites and burial ceremonies for veterans. Many times working with the National Guard as they are short handed. The Marine Corps Became more a part of my life then I even imagined while I was active duty. It changed me and I am pround to claim that title.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Retired and doing whatever I feel like when I feel like it. Watching my grandson grow is the best thing going now though.

Thread Information