What are you doing now. - Page 11
Create Post
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    right after I got out of Marines, was a Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Management Trainee at J. C. Penney, Ambulance Attendant, then started own Ambulance Service, Medical Supply Business, Oxegyn Supply Business, Owned a Bar & Cafe, Sold Cars, then Banking World for 30 years, downsized at the ripe age of 64, now driving truck, Marine Corps taught me well, learned to survive and have a good time doing it.

Credits
    Savings
    Was a police officer for 23.5 yrs. for hometown of Millville, NJ. After purchasing 2 yrs Marine time retired with my full 25 yrs. That was in 1992. Worked two yrs in hospital security. 10 yrs as a Private Detective. 2001 became disabled vet @ 20% within 18 months was @ 100%.
    2006 my daughter(35) and two grandchildren, 1 12 and the other 6, were murdered by her husband of 36 days. Taking it day by day.

not a praying man but, I am praying for you bother

Credits
    Savings
    I'm not much of a praying man myself. Two things helped me. 1 the SOB killed himself afterward and 2 when I asked a County Detective (A former NJ State Trooper and personal friend a very short question, With what and where, he answered with two words. Shotgun and head. I thanked God that they did not suffer. They were asleep when it happen. I knew all the Millville Police Officers and Detectives that were there as I had worked with them before I retired. The Chief assigned a Sgt to transport my wife and I to the scene from the County Court House and to stay with us until we were ready to go home. My daughter was known to most of the Police Officers too.
    Thank you for your prayers. My Marine Corps training and Police training helped me thru this also.

SGT I am so sorry to hear of your loss...peace, love, and light to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Friday 17 June 2011 my granddaughter, Lauren, will graduate from High School. At the graduation Scotty, my grandson, will be honored by the school. A cap and grown will be presented to his sister, Amanda. He would have graduated along with his cousin Lauren. She was 8 days older then him. I thought it was great that the school remembered him after 5 years.

Currently serving as the Senior Intelligence Officer for United States Forces-Iraq, Personnel Recovery Division. Easily the most rewarding job I've ever had, being a part of a team responsible for finding our missing military members and American citizens and bringing them home.

Still running and gunning in Iraq even after I got out of the green machine. Love my job hear.

Sounds like a blast, ssgtblue. How'd you land that gig?

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Currently serving as the Senior Intelligence Officer for United States Forces-Iraq, Personnel Recovery Division. Easily the most rewarding job I've ever had, being a part of a team responsible for finding our missing military members and American citizens and bringing them home.
    Wish I could be so lucky to have a good job like that. Mine sux LOL. Hate going to work at the fulltime joke I do....luckily the part time job makes up for it. Consider yourself a lucky man my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Wish I could be so lucky to have a good job like that. Mine sux LOL. Hate going to work at the fulltime joke I do....luckily the part time job makes up for it. Consider yourself a lucky man my friend!
    Believe me, I wake up every morning knowing I lucked out!

SSgtBlue...where are you at in Iraq?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've had 3 jobs since I got out of the Corps. First one, I was a Project Coordinator at Emerson Computer Parts (this was back when they made these HUGE battery units for computers) in Santa Ana, CA.

Moved back to the East coast and went to work for Olan Mills (photgraphy - I made appointments for folks to come in and be photographed). Stayed with them for 9 years and transferred to GA only to eventually get downsized out.

Been in GA for 18 years. After Olan Mills, I got THE best job I could have ever landed and I've been with them for 12 years. I'm a Receptionist/AP Clerk for a construction company.

I BEEN UNEMPLOYED LAST 4MONTHS survived a car accident that totaled my car other drivers fault only reason iam here is because of my safty belt and my wife is divorcing me after 10yrs she said cant take the stree after a crummy year. BUT HEY THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WORSE OFF THEN I AM . I KNOW GOD IS WATCHING OVER ME. I LOVE MY LIFE SUCH A SOAP OPERA.

SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    After Olan Mills, I got THE best job I could have ever landed and I've been with them for 12 years. I'm a Receptionist/AP Clerk for a construction company.
    Really? Are you female?

I just can't see many men bubbling over with testosterone being happy as a receptionist.

Thread Information