What are you doing now. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    After a 20 year Naval career, I was blessed to find something I truly enjoy. I teach American History on the college level. Sort of a nomad instructor since I lack a Ph.D. Right now I'm teaching a class in the history of the Marine Corps at VMI.

What a pleasure it is gentleman to enter a class room where a senior Kaydet calls attention, all stand when I enter. There are no cell phones allowed, they respond with a sir, they are all in uniform and if they had an attitude, it was checked at the door

As a personal aside, your Kate will be waiting for you Bob just as my Lorrie will be.
    History was a love of mine. I don't know why I did not pursue becoming a teacher of American History. I would have made a good history teacher. I dislike people who try to rewrite history, on the other hand, the effort of past hisorians to try and make the United States appear to have no faults bothers me.

'1310 and Bob...that's something I always wanted to do as well. Even considered going for a History/Teaching degree come the spring semester at my local CC....only to discover that my so called "GI Bill benefits" stopped when I left the reserves. And there ain't no way this dude can afford college. So much for that 'grand' plan LOL.

LOL. Yep. I am really uncomfortable using "USAF retired". Much prefer "USMC, Retired". After all, that's where I spent most of my life LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I don't have the faintest idea either. Best most zoomies don't.

But I catch the same sorta crap from all my AD retired SNCO buddies too. Bastids.

Roger.

Hello all, I'm an electrician for a South Florida water purveyor. Took advantage of training and education while serving and am putting it to use in the civillian sector.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post

What a pleasure it is gentleman to enter a class room where a senior Kaydet calls attention, all stand when I enter. There are no cell phones allowed, they respond with a sir, they are all in uniform and if they had an attitude, it was checked at the door
    Dan,
    Must be nice to get respected that way in your class room. I teach some of the math and physics classes at local colleges and I am lucky if they are present and if so not texting all through class. I was told NEVER again to collect and depot their phones in the sh!tcan to be collected after class. Guess I overstepped my bounds (again!) LOL.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1142 View Post
    Hello all, I'm an electrician for a South Florida water purveyor. Took advantage of training and education while serving and am putting it to use in the civillian sector.

Welcome aboard.

12 years in the Marine corps, 29 years federal service. Retired from DHS after 41 years federal service in 2006.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Dan,
    Must be nice to get respected that way in your class room. I teach some of the math and physics classes at local colleges and I am lucky if they are present and if so not texting all through class. I was told NEVER again to collect and depot their phones in the sh!tcan to be collected after class. Guess I overstepped my bounds (again!) LOL.
    Larry, I've had the pleasure to teach at both VMI and The Citadel. There is nothing like the respect you get dealing with military institutions. On the other hand I've also taught at CC's and liberal art colleges where I ran into the same problems you've encountered. Cell phones are big problem. I did try telling them to turn them off, most complied but there are always a few.... And their lap tops, some of these kids are sporting $2000 Mac Books. I had a talk with a custodian last month, he told me just in the Law School they found 18 lap tops in one week that "students" left behind. Amazing

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Manage a large warehouse of a well known business, here in Nashville area.....

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Manage a large warehouse of a well known business, here in Nashville area.....
    Baker1971

Have a good friend who lives near Vanderbilt, in the Cherokee Hills area. You anywhere near there?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Nope, other side, MOS1310.....big metro area, Davidson County.....out near The Hermitage but not quite as far.

I am just sitting here with my mouth wide open. My grandson told his Dad he had spent the day practicing first aid on live pigs. I told his dad that he was his leg pulled. This morning I checked it out on the "net." It looks like it is true. Does anyone know anything about this?

Being a country boy and used to hog killings, I don't think the things we did were related to first aid.

Bob correct on the pig deal asked a friend of mine who son is in Med school it seems the pig is the closest thing to a human as far as the insides go. Now an't that a crock. Who would have guessed that one.

Thread Information