This is my dream!
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question This is my dream!

Hello dear Marines, and etc.
    I came to this forum to get some advice on my dream.
    See I'm born and living in Denmark, with no connections whatsoever to the States. But my dream is to become a US Marine and serve in the US Military.
    Does anyone have advice to me?

I don't want to give up on this dream. If I could become a Marine, I would immigrate to the US, become as citizen of the United States, and I would serve proudly.
    I spend several hours a week watching YT-videos of US Marines in bootcamp, training, and fighting. I run 5 miles every, no matter what; sun, snow, rain, storm, whatever. I study hard, to extend my possibilities in the future, to the fullest.
    I'm just so friggin' jealous of you Americans; you can become US Marines, if you want to.

Can I, by any means, become a US Marine?
    Do you have any further advice for me?

PS:
    "So friggin' jealous, lol"

become a citizen, then sign on the dotted line

you remember what happend to the last person who had a dream right?

Don't do it, it's a waste of you're time. The amount of time, years in your case, is not worth it. The Marine Corps is not what you think it is. Sure it can can be fun at times, but those times our drowned in multiple layers of bullsh!t. Join the Danish military, they're in Helmand just like the Marine Corps is doing the same exact thing we are, just in lesser numbers. Plus, you could join now, not ten years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    The Marine Corps is not what you think it is. Sure it can can be fun at times, but those times our drowned in multiple layers of bullsh!t.
    thats how a lot feel with only 1-2 yrs service...but most grow out of it

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, but man, the Danish military is lame. Bootcamp's like some sort of summercamp, where you learn how to put out fires, and clean your room.
    Just wish I could recieve the same kind of "extreme" tough training like you :/

It's also about the honor. You know, everyone knows about the USMC and their history of butt-kicking. Danish military did nothing but surrender in WWII.
    I just wish I could be a part of it :-)

So, whats up with March 22, 2013?

thats his reenlistment date, isnt that right lol

Like I said, the Marine Corps isn't what you think it is. Besides deployment, I've spent most of my time cleaning stuff...weapons, my room, the company office, the barracks, the ground aka police calling.
    The only thing you learn in our bootcamp is drill and how to get hazed.
    March 22nd is the day I get out of the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    thats how a lot feel with only 1-2 yrs service...but most grow out of it
    that's why "most" reenlist right?...oh wait...

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I remember when the dreams were wet and the farts were dry.....

Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Keep dreaming....sometimes dreams if you want the message bad enough can become a reality.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyQue View Post
    Hello dear Marines, and etc.
    I came to this forum to get some advice on my dream.
    See I'm born and living in Denmark, with no connections whatsoever to the States. But my dream is to become a US Marine and serve in the US Military.
    Does anyone have advice to me?

I don't want to give up on this dream. If I could become a Marine, I would immigrate to the US, become as citizen of the United States, and I would serve proudly.
    I spend several hours a week watching YT-videos of US Marines in bootcamp, training, and fighting. I run 5 miles every, no matter what; sun, snow, rain, storm, whatever. I study hard, to extend my possibilities in the future, to the fullest.
    I'm just so friggin' jealous of you Americans; you can become US Marines, if you want to.

Can I, by any means, become a US Marine?
    Do you have any further advice for me?

PS:
    "So friggin' jealous, lol"
    Go check on the Marines.com site under Request More Info. They'll get you started.

Thread Information