Iwo Jima Japs got "beat into the ground"
Create Post

Iwo Jima Japs got "beat into the ground"

The Associated Press is reporting that 12,000 Japanese are still classified as missing in action and presumed killed on the island, along with 218 Americans.

Here's the originial article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101022/...japan_iwo_jima

That's hella motivating.

I wonder just how accurate that 12,000 number is. You know, figures don't lie, but liers can figure. No matter the numbers, the Corp's finest hour.

Interesting article. I'm sure that there are still many undiscovered caves that were sealed during the battle.

Actually, the Japs were already deep in the ground when the Marines landed. They had to be blown out, burned out, dug up, or buried alive. It was no picnic, the Japs fought hard. It has been called the bloodiest battle in Marine Corps history, and those who fought there (like my father) might disagree with you about how motivating it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Tobin View Post
    Actually, the Japs were already deep in the ground when the Marines landed. They had to be blown out, burned out, dug up, or buried alive. It was no picnic, the Japs fought hard. It has been called the bloodiest battle in Marine Corps history, and those who fought there (like my father) might disagree with you about how motivating it was.
    Agreed Doc. Never met a Iwo Jima vet who considered it motivating. Every one was just glad to have survived.

I stand corrected then.

Good attitude son!

Seimper Fi

I was six days old when the Marines came on shore at Iwo, I learned about it from my history teacher in high school. He was one of the Marines that was there from that day on I only remember what those Marines did. God Bless every one of them.

Thread Information