Equipment Question..
Create Post

Equipment Question..

I am prior service Navy and I was curious about the equipment that Marines are issued. Do you guys have to have identical equipment on your weapons? I know first hand that everything has to be uniformed in the service, but I just found it interesting as to what you could do with your rifle.

I am 29 years old and interested in the Reserves while I go to school.

Newer Marines, what was your favorite aspect of training? Bootcamp, MCT, MOS school

You'll have an M4/M16 A4 as your rifle with an ACOG and PEQ 16. You might get a 203 or SAW. That's it. You don't really need anything else and I doubt your command would let you, but it's all up to them and what they'll allow. What did you plan on using?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasPete View Post
    I am prior service Navy and I was curious about the equipment that Marines are issued. Do you guys have to have identical equipment on your weapons? I know first hand that everything has to be uniformed in the service, but I just found it interesting as to what you could do with your rifle.

I am 29 years old and interested in the Reserves while I go to school.

Newer Marines, what was your favorite aspect of training? Bootcamp, MCT, MOS school

In a combat zone, some latitude is given to placement of gear. However, the location of some items will probably be standardized throughout the unit (first aid gear, sensitive documents/maps, radios, etc) for rapid retrieval by other Marines without having to waste time searching your body. Practicality generally rules.

Not everyone necessarily has the same stuff on their weapons because of different needs for different jobs. For instance, machine gunners will probably not have white lights mounted, whereas riflemen might.

In garrison, things are much more uniform and standardized. Looking pretty rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    You'll have an M4/M16 A4 as your rifle with an ACOG and PEQ 16. You might get a 203 or SAW. That's it. You don't really need anything else and I doubt your command would let you, but it's all up to them and what they'll allow. What did you plan on using?
    We have M4 A1s. Nothing really different just fully automatic and we can put suppressors on them.

Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    We have M4 A1s. Nothing really different just fully automatic and we can put suppressors on them.
    If they gave regular grunts full auto, we would waste so many rounds it's not even funny. I've seen what people do with a Mk 12 and it's retarded. They use it like it's a SAW.
    "What are you shooting at?"
    "Noise"

If they gave regular grunts full auto, we would waste so many rounds it's not even funny. I've seen what people do with a Mk 12 and it's retarded. They use it like it's a SAW.
    "What are you shooting at?"
    "Noise"
    hahahahaha holy shiiiiiiit that brings back good memories. I personally enjoyed hip-firing the saw and and pretending I was Rambo (during a training FX not live ammo unfortunately).

Haha lol. They want us armed to the teeth in our team.

Well they want us armed with whatevers cheapest. MRAPs are more important than a Marine's life is. I have v sweeped in front of a mine roller before.

Thats the answers I was looking for. I guess I always wondered if it was like the seen in commando where he loads up on whatever the hell he wants. I must say that I am surprised by the option for suppressors though. Thanks for the answers, the only thing I was issued was a mop lol.

Im not sure to be honest, I would hope to get my hands on a little of everything. I did have an M-14 when I was protecting our ship from those dangerous shipyard workers in Newport News

Well they want us armed with whatevers cheapest. MRAPs are more important than a Marine's life is. I have v sweeped in front of a mine roller before.

No kidding? Is that a duty of your MOS?

No kidding? Is that a duty of your MOS?
    Not really. Just a retarded order that somone with brass told us to do. I've driven trucks, put crypto into radios, searched for ieds, but hey I'm an 0311 aka 03everything.

Thats the answers I was looking for. I guess I always wondered if it was like the seen in commando where he loads up on whatever the hell he wants. I must say that I am surprised by the option for suppressors though. Thanks for the answers, the only thing I was issued was a mop lol.
    He has a suppressor because he's in. You can put on on a normal 16, you just have to change the compensator. The only weaopns that I know f that regular grunts get with suppressors are the Mk12 and Mk11. It's an M16 with a free floating barrel, suppessor, full auto, and a 8x32 lupold scope. Mk12 shoots 5.56 and Mk11 7.62. The 11 has a bigger and more powerful optic. I've never played with a 11 since only our snipers had them, but I had a Mk 12 for a whole deployment and it's pretty sweet. Personally, I only used my suppressor at night.

Thread Information