Must be shared, God bless teachers
Create Post

Must be shared, God bless teachers

Yeah, I'm always offended by the saying "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." Those who utter this saying and believe it forget who taught them all they know. Like our drill instructors.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Teachers

Have you ever had a birthday party for one of your children? Was it a pain in the ass to get 12-20 kids to behave, follow your instructions, play fair, and not tear each other's hair out? Was two to three hours all you could stand?

Have that birthday party five days a week for 9 months a year, and you might get a sense of what teachers have to put up with for an entire career.

Credits
    Savings

Teachers

My youngest son and his wife are teachers, and I have seen the nonsense they deal with from Kids and Administration and the "extra" hours they "have" to put in voluntarily. LOL !! Moz

Teachers should be included with those we respect when we say "Semper Fi".

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Semper Fi is for Marines. I don't know what the expression would be for teachers other than to thank them for their service, but no one ever says Semper Fi to teachers, or to anyone but Marines. Does this make sense?

Sure does Dave!!

"
    A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others. ~Author Unknown!"

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Can you, Dan, imagine just what it might be based on, my suspicions, that is?
    Absolutely,,certainly within the realm of reasonable thought

Semper Fi is for Marines. I don't know what the expression would be for teachers other than to thank them for their service, but no one ever says Semper Fi to teachers, or to anyone but Marines. Does this make sense?

"Semper Fi" Always Faithful could apply in some cases to such as the firefighters and police who were caught up in the World Trade Tower destruction. Many were very dedicated civil servants who were willing to give their all. I don't mean to diminish the use when we say it too each other. It puffs me up when someone says it to me.

"Semper Fi" Always Faithful could apply in some cases to such as the firefighters and police who were caught up in the World Trade Tower destruction. Many were very dedicated civil servants who were willing to give their all. I don't mean to diminish the use when we say it too each other. It puffs me up when someone says it to me.

[/quote]

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Semper Fi is exclusive to the Corps. Meaning loyality to the Marine Corps and loyality to brother and sister Marines. No debate necessary.

Okay, try this

I stirred up a hornets nest with my liberalizing Semper fi.
    M ybe Semper Gratias (grateful) would better apply to none Marines.
    It also means Thankful. And I am gratias for your feedback.

Semper Fidelis is used for Marines and only Marines. We are very jealous with our things and will not ever compromise for anyone. Think of Semper Fi as a Fraternity/Sorority. As nice as other "slogans" may be, each one is exclusive to where it originated from. To any and all Americans who are proud of what they do for a living, in making our great country greater, in also stepping up and giving the ultimate sacrifice on 9/11 or whenever this was necessary, we will always say "Thanks" and honor them accordingly. Semper Fi(delis) shouldn't be used. In my "humble" Marine corps. opinion.
    God bless the Marine Corps!

Thread Information