i have a weight dilemma help me!
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i have a weight dilemma help me!

okay ive been going to the gym like 3 weeks straight and doing light weight lifting and 45 mins straight of cardio well my problem is that i am not losing the weight i am staying at the same weight for about a week. should i stop the weight lifting and just do pull ups dips and push ups? i am on a diet and sticking to it good so idk just really confused. i am 178 i need to get down to 155 but i dont know what i am doing wrong? plus i go to the gym 6 days a week and run everyday.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    If you haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks of this routine, and if you are being 100% honest with yourself, the only thing I could think of is just keep lowering your calorie intake... and make sure you are eating good calories too no cake/bread or sugary fruit juice. Good luck!

What does your diet look like right now? What are you eating? Sometimes it's not that you need to lower your calorie intake, but rather you may need to eat more if your body isn't getting enough. Also, hydrate more, it will help. Try lowering your carb/sugar intake.

I don't think weight lifting is the problem if you're eating at a deficit, but change up your routine. At the end of the day, resistance training (weight lifting) burns more calories than cardio, but if you're doing them both on the same day, make sure you do cardio last. Do different forms of cardio, don't always stick to the same thing, and try some different lifts; are you doing squats and deadlifts? If not, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    What does your diet look like right now? What are you eating? Sometimes it's not that you need to lower your calorie intake, but rather you may need to eat more if your body isn't getting enough. Also, hydrate more, it will help. Try lowering your carb/sugar intake.

I don't think weight lifting is the problem if you're eating at a deficit, but change up your routine. At the end of the day, resistance training (weight lifting) burns more calories than cardio, but if you're doing them both on the same day, make sure you do cardio last. Do different forms of cardio, don't always stick to the same thing, and try some different lifts; are you doing squats and deadlifts? If not, you should be.
    My recruiter has me on 1600 calorie diet and i only drink water and eat 5 small meals a day and yesterday i did 60 mins of cardio and ran 5 miles im just utterly confused by this =/

I say go run more

Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    okay ive been going to the gym like 3 weeks straight and doing light weight lifting and 45 mins straight of cardio well my problem is that i am not losing the weight i am staying at the same weight for about a week. should i stop the weight lifting and just do pull ups dips and push ups? i am on a diet and sticking to it good so idk just really confused. i am 178 i need to get down to 155 but i dont know what i am doing wrong? plus i go to the gym 6 days a week and run everyday.
    You have been pm'd hope it helps man!

Schaberg

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post
    I say go run more
    you think? i thought i was busting my ass by running 5 miles a day i guess not hmm =/

You could run and lift all day, but it all comes down to 1 thing... calories in vs calories out. If you are not losing, you are simply eating too much, plain and simple. You may think you are eating 1600 calories, but many times people "eyeball" their measurements and end up eating over what they think. Plus 1 week not losing is not something to worry about, these things happen, now if using this same diet you don't lose after 2-3 weeks, then lower your calories slowly until you achieve the 1-2 lbs loss a week.

Quote Originally Posted by mcspam View Post
    You could run and lift all day, but it all comes down to 1 thing... calories in vs calories out. If you are not losing, you are simply eating too much, plain and simple. You may think you are eating 1600 calories, but many times people "eyeball" their measurements and end up eating over what they think. Plus 1 week not losing is not something to worry about, these things happen, now if using this same diet you don't lose after 2-3 weeks, then lower your calories slowly until you achieve the 1-2 lbs loss a week.
    yah your probably right i would love to get down to 170 by the end of next week so i am gonna bust my ass hardcore for the rest of the this week and next week i want to prove to my recruiter that i am staying motivated.

My recruiter has me on 1600 calorie diet and i only drink water and eat 5 small meals a day and yesterday i did 60 mins of cardio and ran 5 miles im just utterly confused by this =/
    Ha. Steamed broccoli, fella. You need to just eat steamed veges or something. I read your post and the first thing that came to my mind was DIET. If you're doing all that motivated kill kill kill PT and you're not losing the weight, then you're not eating right. 5 small meals a day will get you looking like Taylor Lauthner. You'll be buff, but you won't lose the weight (have you SEEN that dude?) Also, remember that muscle weights more than fat, and unless 're running to Parris Island and back everyday, your calorie intake is far beyond what you're putting OUT. Simple. Also seems like you might have a slow matabolism. Steamed veges, dawg. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Ha. Steamed broccoli, fella. You need to just eat steamed veges or something. I read your post and the first thing that came to my mind was DIET. If you're doing all that motivated kill kill kill PT and you're not losing the weight, then you're not eating right. 5 small meals a day will get you looking like Taylor Lauthner. You'll be buff, but you won't lose the weight (have you SEEN that dude?) Also, remember that muscle weights more than fat, so unless you're running to Parris Island and back everyday, your calorie intake is far beyond what you're putting OUT. Simple. Also seems like you might have a slow matabolism. Steamed veges, dawg. lol
    haha no doubt lol i usually have that or steamed corn. just ****es me off when your putting all this hard work and bam u get no weight loss lmao.

haha no doubt lol i usually have that or steamed corn. just ****es me off when your putting all this hard work and bam u get no weight loss lmao.
    I mean, I can dig it but it's your diet man. Don't get DQ'd over it either. Watch what you eat and how often you eat. If you can afford a gym get one and ask a personal trainer for advice (he can give you advice without you paying him) I really don't know, my problem was never weight. Still, man, it's your diet. Either that or you know deep down inside that you're not going hard and putting 100% effort in. If you are, watch what you eat and how often. That 5 small meals a day program will probably BUILD you up more, so I'd cut it, but ask your recruiter I guess, I'm just a lowly poolee.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    I mean, I can dig it but it's your diet man. Don't get DQ'd over it either. Watch what you eat and how often you eat. If you can afford a gym get one and ask a personal trainer for advice (he can give you advice without you paying him) I really don't know, my problem was never weight. Still, man, it's your diet. Either that or you know deep down inside that you're not going hard and putting 100% effort in. If you are, watch what you eat and how often. That 5 small meals a day program will probably BUILD you up more, so I'd cut it, but ask your recruiter I guess, I'm just a lowly poolee.
    yea i have a planet fitness membership and i go to the gym everyday.

As of this morning I am at 199lb I havnt seen that as my wiehgt for years and its so motivational. and I am back on my diet which is a 1000 calorie diet. For me I have a while before I ship so I am doing pushups pullups and crunches only no weight lifting untill I am down to my goal weight, for me I think I'm losing weight just cause of the running I'm doing but you seem to be doing more than me so Idk just run more I guess if your body is used to running 5 run 7 miles

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    burn more calories than you eat.

Thread Information