Will my Wife be able to accompany me to my schooling?
Create Post

Will my Wife be able to accompany me to my schooling?

Hello Marines, I recently secured my MOS which is Aircraft Maintenance ( 60xx,61xx, 62xx).I was wondering if my Wife would be able to come with me to my schooling after boot camp and mct. My recruiter didn't have have a lot of information on my Mos or my question. I talked with a Marine who is a 2831/2834 and attached to a Air Wing and he said he wasn't sure if she would be able bc my schooling is split up. Any information would help. thanks in advance Marines!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    You cannot have a dependent with you in school/student status, that said I believe this is only the case when in Pensacola. I believe once you move on to the follow on school/training at a particular unit then you can.

This is coming from another Marine I went to boot camp with and kept in touch. He couldn't have anyone with him while in FL but he went to back to Pendleton for more training and he brought his wife with.

hopefully another Marine with more insight will let you know more

edit: I was assuming you were a winger with what you said about air wing, everything I just posted may completely wrong

There was a Marine who was allowed off base housing/his wife to join him at fort sill. He was there for 6th months for radar tech school, but none the less it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    You cannot have a dependent with you in school/student status, that said I believe this is only the case when in Pensacola. I believe once you move on to the follow on school/training at a particular unit then you can.
    For such a short school no. if the school is over 6 months then yes but with an AF option contract you have(i had same) your school is short its the wait that is killer. I had waited 2.5 months for a 1.5 month course. then had to go to a follow on "c" school but this doesnt count as time on station youd need to be somewhere 6 months to rate having a spouse with you. it would cost the Marine Corps WAY too much money to keep moving you and your spouse around

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    For such a short school no. if the school is over 6 months then yes but with an AF option contract you have(i had same) your school is short its the wait that is killer. I had waited 2.5 months for a 1.5 month course. then had to go to a follow on "c" school but this doesnt count as time on station youd need to be somewhere 6 months to rate having a spouse with you. it would cost the Marine Corps WAY too much money to keep moving you and your spouse around
    Ok I understand now. Thanks for the information Sergeant. What does the Marine Corps make you do while your waiting to class up? Are the opportunities to work on anything like MCMAP?

While I was waiting to class up most of the time was spent on Barracks Support alson known as cleaning duty. If you were lucky you got to work in the mail room. This was at NAS Pensacola but hey its been a year or two so things may have changed.

she can stay with me while you are gone. Please email me a picture so I can verify a spot in my bedroom.

JK

lol @ usmc3521

I was there in '03 and it was barrack support stripping decks of wax mon-tues waxing wed then buffing thur-fri every week. I got lucky and became the duty driver so i got to miss out on alot and after hours there was an actual post for duty driver so i didnt get called in after hours. also we had a guy sent to the gym to work there, but like i said its been a while since i was there things may be different now.

Thread Information