Stolen Valor
Create Post

Thread: Stolen Valor

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Stolen Valor

Does anyone know what are the new federal laws on resale of personal decoration like the silver star are now that the stolen valor have been over turned.

This week I was at an antique mall where I seen such decorations being resold, I felt upset about it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

No one knows, that's odd.

Don't know for sure, but if the Stolen Valor Act was indeed ruled unconstitutional, then I would imagine that the sale of such items would be okay. To be honest, I didn't think that the sale was ever illegal, only wearing unauthorized medals.

I just saw that once again it was those loonies in the 9th Circuit that made the ruling. I wonder how they would feel if veterans made public appearances claiming they were Federal Judges?

it should be illegal!! it would be the same as me going to the PX and buying it and wearing it cuz i thought it was cool. UN COOL!! I would go in there and tell them NOT to sell it. Its rude and disrespectful to who ever EARNED it. Here Marines come to my place i'll let you buy the MOH you can now sit here and lie to my face saying you "EARNED" it. what a slap in the face

The only medal that is illegal to have is the MOH. A few years ago the company that made the MOH made a over run of them and certain people got hold of them and made a killing on them. The Feds found tis out and made them stop selling them and they had to pay a big fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Meserole08orah View Post
    it should be illegal!! it would be the same as me going to the PX and buying it and wearing it cuz i thought it was cool. UN COOL!! I would go in there and tell them NOT to sell it. Its rude and disrespectful to who ever EARNED it. Here Marines come to my place i'll let you buy the MOH you can now sit here and lie to my face saying you "EARNED" it. what a slap in the face
    I hear you, but there is a BIG difference in someone buying a Navy Cross for their military collection and pinning it on a uniform and going out to tell every one about fabricated exploits.

In the late 1970s I recall seeing many Navy Crosses, Silver Stars, etc. for sale at gun shows. I vaguely recall even seeing a MOH for sale. Personally, I think its rather trashy to sell the medals that someone legitimately earned in blood, but people were indeed doing it.

I really don't understand why the loonies in the 9th Circuit feel that the right to falsely claim the title of "decorated war hero" is protected under free speech.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just checked.. Medals of America sells every medal up to and including the Silver Star.
    I went to another web location and there you could purchase a Navy Cross for $65.00

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yanacek View Post
    Don't know for sure, but if the Stolen Valor Act was indeed ruled unconstitutional, then I would imagine that the sale of such items would be okay. To be honest, I didn't think that the sale was ever illegal, only wearing unauthorized medals.

I just saw that once again it was those loonies in the 9th Circuit that made the ruling. I wonder how they would feel if veterans made public appearances claiming they were Federal Judges?
    As yanacek wrote, the decisions came out of the 9th Circus, which is not a surprise to me. The Stolen Valor Act is still the law of the land in the rest of the country. However, some US Attorneys may be reluctant to enforce the law because of that decision.

This case will end up at the Supreme Court. The happy news is the 9th Circus is the MOST overturned Circuit Court in the whole country. Even many of the liberal members of the Supreme Court can't go along with the BS from the 9th sometimes.

Thread Information