Tattoo policy and would I be safe?
Create Post

Tattoo policy and would I be safe?

Alright Marines, Ive been thinking about getting a new tattoo on my upper right shoulder but my problem is the design I have is just ever too big. Overall the tattoo will stick out below my sleeve anywhere from 1''-2'' and whatever sticks out I can cover with my 'knife hand' so am I fine?

I just want to hear from fellow Marines with more knowledge on the topic, because I dont want a ninja punch

Credits
    Savings
    Think about this for awhile Young'un-------

I know ,youre ready to do it.
    Think awhile you will be saddled with it for life

If it shows in pt gear the WHOLE tattoo must be able to be covered by your hand.

Now that I think about it,I don't think I ever saw a Marine with a tattoo that he couldn't cover with his hand.I don't recall any rules regarding tattoos at that time.I had one that was just like my Dad's,that he got while fighting in WWI.I also had another small one,but my hand easily covered it.
    The one thing I did that brought a lot of heat,was I got married w/o informing the correct people,and while it didn't break any rules,it was frowned upon.The First Sergeant told me the one you have all heard,"If the USMC would have wanted me to have a wife,they would have issued me one!"I got through that one,and down deep the Top was a real decent sort of guy.He gave me a lot of time off to find housing and get settled in.My section leader hasn't as understanding,and gave me every crap detail he could think of.He only let up when the career Sgt. told SSGT Turner I was considering "Shipping Over".

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Dude, go for it. They don't like it, a little paper-work, and a few months max set-back, and you're back on track, AND with some nice new ink work. No biggie. Deuces.

Whatever you do don't take advice from the above poster.

Thread Information