4 Marines Killed by IED
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

4 Marines Killed by IED

As I get older this type of news gets harder to deal with.

Rest in Peace Marines: Cain, Rodewald, Vinnedge and Dew

4 Pendleton Marines killed in Helmand IED blast

Four members of the Camp Pendleton, Calif.-based 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, died Wednesday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan, the Defense Department announced.

The Marines were killed by an improvised explosive device while they were conducting mounted operations, the 1st Marine Division said in statements that also expressed condolences to the Marines’ families.
    The Marines killed:

• Cpl. Justin J. Cain, 22, of Manitowoc, Wis.
    Cain, a machine gunner, had enlisted in June 2007. His military awards and decorations include the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal and the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon.

• Lance Cpl. Joseph E. Rodewald, 21, of Albany, Ore.
    The machine gunner, who enlisted in November 2007, was on his first combat deployment. His awards and decorations include the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon. His family told the Albany Democrat Herald newspaper that their son, a former high school wrestler and track-and-field athlete, was engaged to be married he would have turned 22 on Oct. 26.

• Lance Cpl. Phillip D. Vinnedge, 19, of Saint Charles, Mo.
    The anti-tank assaultman joined the Corps in September 2009. His military awards include the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal

• Pfc. Victor A. Dew, 20, of Granite Bay, Calif.
    Dew was an anti-tank assaultman on his first deployment since he enlisted in September 2009. He has been awarded the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.

No way....this is in addition to the four that were just killed that included HurricaneRJ (Raymon)?

You're right, this stuff gets harder and harder.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    No way....this is in addition to the four that were just killed that included HurricaneRJ (Raymon)?

You're right, this stuff gets harder and harder.
    Sadly it's true. I got this from the Marine Corps Times about an hour ago

This has not been a good week, I am so saddened by all this. I honor and praise these young Marines and all the others there who have given everything.

Semper Fi Brothers, thank you for giving everything for us.

Just kids. Very sad. R.I.P. brothers ! All of my thoughts and prayers go out to those left behind.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Prayers outbound for the families. God Bless.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Marines you did your duty.

Freedom is not Free, and this is a very bad price for it.

The Marine Corps will live forever and that means you will live forever

Semper Fi Marines

More lost Brothers .

The tears still flow. We never run out of them. R.I.P. Marines. They say " We don't mourn our dead, We honor them. Not true. S/F!! Ken

Geeting harder to deal with R.I.P. Marines.

I am getting so tired of seeing lists like that.

What good are we really doing in Afghanistan anymore? RIP brothers.

R.I.P. Marines

Your duty on earth is over, and the Father has called you home for reassignment. We are eternally proud, and grateful for your sacrifice. May we all honor your proud memorie by being the best Marines/Americans we can be. Semper Fi

R.I.P. Marines, may God keep and bless them and their families.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I didn't respond to this yesterday, was kinda low on tears. One thing is true for me. This gets harder with time. Tryin to make sense of it, loosin our kids like this. Guess I'm loosin my vision. Gettin hard to see the need.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    sadder than the day my dad died - what can you even say to the families and the fiancee other than our prayers are with you

Thread Information