Forum Member HurricaneRJ, KIA Afghanistan - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Couple of Budweisers and this Song to you My Brother!!! Semper Fi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Starting out, there were 3 threads about Ray's death, and a lot of us posted on those when the story first hit, but I want to say again, our prayers are with him and his family, what a terrible tragedy to someone so young. Semper Fi, Marine and Rest In Peace. You made the ultimate sacrifice for your country.
    And he and all the others deserved every one of them.

RIP Marine

God Bless

RIP Marine, you will be missed, but your memory lives on!

Wow I really dont know what to say. I am absolutely stunned right now to hear this. I went on to icasualties this afternoon and I saw the name and I was completely and utterly floored. I lost a good friend in this one. I lost a drinking buddy. I lost someone I could count on I lost a friend I would see from time to time in between walks to the Company office just PTing his boys and having a great time. Wow, I dont know what to do. This is just a recurring event for me...If it isn't one its another. I dodged the bullet myself, but everytime I look there is another name on the list another friend another brother.

This one truly hits home as I was one of the major reasons in convincing Ray to finally get up and join the Marine like he had always wanted to. I dont feel responsible, but I feel like I should be able to do something.

I know its late, but I'm on deployment. If there is anything being done for rememberance or otherwise and anyone can get an address. I NEED IT. I am hurt right now and I am on a boat with nothing to do to make it right.

Rest In Peace Ray, we'll all be with you soon, See yourself well with the likes of those before you.

Yes this one was extremely hard for me as well.All Marine brothers deaths are difficult for all of us.That he was from my old unit,made it extremely hurtful for me.It was like I went back in time nearly fifty years ago and felt the pain of losing a buddy from my own unit.Some of you Marines actually knew the Marine personally,that had to be really rough to handle.Let us carry on Marines,L/CPL Johnson would have wanted it that way.
    I wish I was young again with 1/8,looking to extract some revenge on the Taliban.I would go right now if they would let me.In my heart I know I could do the job.Salute L/CPL Johnson.
    Semper Fi

[quote=bgsuwoody;709023]

I know its late, but I'm on deployment. If there is anything being done for rememberance or otherwise and anyone can get an address. I NEED IT. I am hurt right now and I am on a boat with nothing to do to make it right.
    quote]

Mike -- please clarify

Semper Fi. He was a Marine, doing what he trained for. Please tip one for him, he will say hello to Chesty

Not hurt like physically, but pained by this news...I am on my MEU hanging around and doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    Not hurt like physically, but pained by this news...I am on my MEU hanging around and doing nothing
    Okay. You had me worried for a sec that something happened. Good to hear your physically okay.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    All of our hearts are broken

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    God Bless RJ

Damn. I've made the appropriate profile changes. RIP HurricaneRJ. Prayers to you and yours.

Safe in the hands of God now! I will remember.

I'm having a really hard time with this one.My family has had a tradegy as well,and I'm about on grief overload for lack of a better word.They have me on a bunch of pills,but they aren't helping much.I'm sorry brothers to bother you with my troubles,but I know you understand.Losing a brother Marine is never easy,and one from my old unit is really hurtful.
    Semper Fi

Semper Fi Marine. You have done your duty. Report to your next duty station with your head held high. They are many Marines there to welcome you home.

I knew him but a second but we have been brothers for a lifetime.

Prayers sent.

Thread Information