Forum Member HurricaneRJ, KIA Afghanistan - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Rest in Peace Brother....
    Semper Fi...

Hurricane,my brother,you are in a place where there is no war and no pain.....RIP my friend........
    Prayers go out to RJ's family.......
    SEMPER FI MARINE.......................Ed

Credits
    Savings
    I'll say this again...this seems to be the main thread for him...

This death hit me really hard. I was deployed with 1/8 and with Ray. He was Alpha and I was Weapons. When I first got to the Fleet on 10/23 (an appropriate day for 1/8), Ray found me on here and was at my room that first night to welcome me. He helped me tremendously by adapting to the Fleet, taking me around Jacksonville, and just being a friend for me when I first got here. He helped me move into my new house with my wife and was a true friend to the two of us. He was a great Marine, a great leader and an amazing friend.

When I had heard that a "Johnson" from Alpha was KIA, I was speechless. I prayed for two days that it wasn't Johnson, but at the same time, I knew that he wouldn't want another family to be getting the knock on the door. When I finally found out it was him through the chain, I was devastated.

I took him to his first ever Hurricanes game against UNC. They lost, but we had a great time with my dad and my wife. On the way home, he was talking to my dad and trying to convince him that I'd be fine over in Afghanistan. He told them that since I was a mortarman, I wouldn't be doing much and that'd we both be ok. Well, our platoon had over a 100 kills and over 100 IEDs found, so I guess the whole "we'll be fine, he's a mortarman" thing didn't quite go...we did more 11 work than some of the 11s hehe. Johnson would have been proud. And I'm incredibly proud that he gave his life for the Corps and that, as a squad leader, he led the way still.

God Bless you and your family Ray. I love you and I'll miss you tremendously. Semper Fi, brother.

Credits
    Savings

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lupo, thank you for the comments and the pictures. Sadly I had completely forgotten about this thread

Credits
    Savings
    It's ok. It's old. I just got out here to my mom's house for the first time and she showed me the video and I figured I'd look to see if he was remembered on here, since this is our original meeting place.

We just got back from a rough deployment. Other than the casualties, we had a blast (only a grunt could call 7 months of hell a blast lol).

Johnson died doing what he trained and desperately wanted to do...

I am late to this tribute and can only echo everyone else's comments.
    I did not know this Marine but it's certainly the loss of a Brother to me.

My deepest respect and condolences to this Marine, family, friends and those here on this forum.

My heart is heavy.
    Thank you for your ultimate sacrifice, LCpl Johnson.

May you rest in peace.

Credits
    Savings
    Another Marine reporting Sir. Semper Fi RIP

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for the pics Lupo. If you haven't done so already, you should copy your post on his Facebook page before his brother takes it down. He posted something within the last few weeks that Ray had told him to take it down after so much time after his death.

Credits
    Savings
    rgr bud...will do

RIP

Semper Fi

Mike

Thread Information