Forum Member HurricaneRJ, KIA Afghanistan
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Forum Member HurricaneRJ, KIA Afghanistan

Sadly I post this confirmation about LCPL Raymon Johnson's death. RIP MARINE

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/...rmer-shaw.html

Semper Fi, brother. Prayers outbound to you and yours.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

DOD Confirmation

DOD Indentifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Raymon L. A. Johnson, 22, of Midland, Ga., died Oct. 13 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the 2nd Marine Division public affairs office at 910-449-9925 or http://www.marines.mil/unit/2ndmardi...a/default.aspx .

To best of my knowlege HurricaneRJ is the only member of Leatherneck.com to have given the last full measure of devotion to his Corps and Country in the current war in Afganistan. We have had some members that have been WIA. Ramon was a very active contributor to our forums both before he became a Marine and after. My sincere condolances to his family and my thanks for raising such a fine young man. Its been an honor and a pleasure to have known LCpl Ramon Johnson United States Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

http://www.defense.gov/releases/rele...eleaseid=13968

Last edited by jinelson; 10-14-10 at 01:15 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    DOD Indentifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Raymon L. A. Johnson, 22, of Midland, Ga., died Oct. 13 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the 2nd Marine Division public affairs office at 910-449-9925 or http://www.marines.mil/unit/2ndmardi...a/default.aspx .

To best of my knowlege HurricaneRJ is the only member of Leatherneck.com to have given the last full measure of devotion to his Corps and Country in the current war in Afganistan. We have had some members that have been WIA. Ramon was a very active contributor to our forums both before he became a Marine and after. My sincere condolances to his family and my thanks for raising such a fine young man. Its been an honor and a pleasure to have known LCpl Ramon Johnson United States Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

http://www.defense.gov/releases/rele...eleaseid=13968
    Well said Jim, well said.

Credits
    Savings
    He will be missed here at Leatherneck. Rest In Peace Brother, we'll meet again someday. Prayers are out for Raymon and all who been touched by his passing.

Last edited by jinelson; 10-14-10 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo

R.I.P. Marine you will be missed, prayers out to Lcp R. Johnson and to his family.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm sadden for this families loss. May GODS hand be upon them and comfort them through this trying time. He will be with us in spirit and he will never be forgotten.

Simper Fi. Marine.

only 3 weeks in country, sad. Rest in Peace Marine. S/F

You never want to hear about the loss of a brother. He was a regular here? What was his screenname?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You never want to hear about the loss of a brother. He was a regular here? What was his screenname?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    HurricaneRJ.

His last thread here was posted that he was deploying and he sounded quite excited about it. So sad to see another Marine, especially a brother from the forum, have to give his life.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98583

Over the last couple of year I have gotten to know Lcpl Johnson. He and my son were room mates on base. Lots of fond memories and wonderful stories to share. I am in shock and can not believe he is gone. Our family had the honor of taking him out for his birthday right before deployment. He is going to be missed so much. A true Hero and all round great guy. I love you Johnson.

I had gotten to know Ray when he was still in high school and a Poolee...he dropped a lot of weight to get in the Corps....we talked extensively on topics from weight loss to chicks. We talked on the phone a few times and on FB...a loss of a son, a brother, a friend, a Marine...a loss of potential, of what he was hoping to be in the future. Semper Fi Ray.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DAMN! I just saw it on the news and they said his name. I'm floored.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    RIP LCpl Johnson...Semper Fi bro

Thread Information