Any new info on Ray..?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any new info on Ray..?

I saw the Fox link and what others have posted. I have been in contact with a worried mom as her son was in Rays squad, and there is a lot of misinformation on how many others may or may not have been hurt/KIA....ANYBODY know ANYTHING to help a mom out..?

The info she is getting from official Marine channels isn't helping her, it seems.

God Bless you Ray...Semper Fi bro

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post
    I saw the Fox link and what others have posted. I have been in contact with a worried mom as her son was in Rays squad, and there is a lot of misinformation on how many others may or may not have been hurt/KIA....ANYBODY know ANYTHING to help a mom out..?

The info she is getting from official Marine channels isn't helping her, it seems.

If she hasn't heard anything by now, it's a good chance her son is OK. KIA or WIA, they notify pretty fast these days. All phone or internet access for Ray's unit would have been cut off for at least 24-hours or until all notifications are made.

My oldest daughter was at the Bagram theater hospital for six-months. They often let wounded troops use cell phones to call home, sometime while still in the ER. However, they were prohibited from making calls on behalf of the patients.

That's what we are hoping Zulu. I am pretty sure if Marines have not shown up at your doorstep by now he is ok....I pray he is.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

As of 11:20 today....nothing. Nothing from the DoD site nor from any Marine Corps sites. I wish I had more to offer. If you hear anything that has been confirmed please update here

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Maybe Ray's mom can call HQMC, they will put an end to the conflicting info for a Marine mom.
    According to Vanessa, Ray's family HAS been notified. Jetdoc knows the mom of another Marine who is in Ray's unit. She is the mom who is hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    According to Vanessa, Ray's family HAS been notified. Jetdoc knows the mom of another Marine who is in Ray's unit. She is the mom who is hanging.
    Exactly...and maybe up to 2 other moms as well.

I'm hoping this is bogus.

I'm praying so to Gunner. I was going to post some more vids, some cartoons, ect., don't feel much like it now.&

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DOD Indentifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Raymon L. A. Johnson, 22, of Midland, Ga., died Oct. 13 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the 2nd Marine Division public affairs office at 910-449-9925 or http://www.marines.mil/unit/2ndmardi...a/default.aspx .

To best of my knowlege HurricaneRJ is the only member of Leatherneck.com to have given the last full measure of devotion to his Corps and Country in the current war in Afganistan. We have had some members that have been WIA. Ramon was a very active contributor to our forums both before he became a Marine and after. My sincere condolances to his family and my thanks for raising such a fine young man. Its been an honor and a pleasure to have known LCpl Ramon Johnson United States Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

http://www.defense.gov/releases/rele...eleaseid=13968

Rays brother posted some specifics about what happened on FB.....sad.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Lejeune Marine dies in Afghanistan

October 14, 2010 3:09 PM

A Camp Lejeune Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom this week during combat.

Lance Cpl. Raymon L. A. Johnson, 22, of Midland, Ga., died Tuesday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan, according to a Department of Defense press release. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force.

Rays brother posted some specifics about what happened on FB.....sad.
    Could you copy and paste, I'd like to see that. It is definitely sad.

Prayers outbound for our brother and his family......
    Semper Fi

Thread Information