Husband's package at Headquarters
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Husband's package at Headquarters

My husband is prior service, out for 5 years, and is attempting to go active. He completed all of the things he needed for his package, to be sent to Headquarters MC, over 5 weeks ago. Does anyone have any idea how to find out when we will hear anything? Is there a number to call and ask someone? Does anyone know the process? His recruiters do not have very many answers because they said they have never dealt with a prior service Marine. He is not going to a prior service recruiter bc he wants to go active. Can anyone shine any light on this for us? Any answers/info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Amanda

it could take months seriously.

they're actually giving INCENTIVE for Marines to get OUT! They have too many and are letting Active Marines leave up to 90 days before their EAS! We've been working with a PSR and the chacne of going active right now are VERY slim. So my husband is trying to go Active Reserve which is full time active, live on base all the same benefits just he trains reservist and whatnot....something you might want to look into because going Active like said above at this point will probably takes years.

Credits
    Savings
    Just an update...

So, it has been over 2 months and my husband and I were getting a little worried. Luckily, he has friends in high places and found out some interesting information. Jimmy's friend knows the staff NCO, in charge of prior service enlistment, in Quantico who said that there is no way it should be taking this long. So he did some research. At first he could not find any record of Jimmy's file. He finally found it in San Antonio, TX, where he had been DQed because the recruiters here in Austin entered him as a new applicant. Jimmy has been calling them to see if they had heard anything and always got the same answer, "We will call you when we hear something". Uggh, they never checked to make sure everything was okay. To make a long story short, things should get moving on Monday. So, from San Antonio it should go to Ft Worth, TX and then to Quantico. Once it gets to VA, it should take about two weeks to get him approved and then we should know where we will be going. Cross your fingers...

Amanda

wow really? we were just talking to recruiters and they said they're only taking 16 Marines back and that was in January, i confirmed this information with a MSgt. at headquarters Marine Corps just last Thursday. SOOOO i'd really love to know updates on this. Because my husband is trying to do the same thing right now, and we're now working with a Gunny at headquarters Marine Corps because they called US because well its just been the run around for the past 6 weeks lol good luck to you i'm totally in the same boat as you right now

Right now the littlest thing could disqualify you as for getting into the Marine Corps his package should got from San Antonio to Ft Worth To San Diego which is Marine Corps Recruiting Command. where are you guys at im a recruiter with RS San Antonio im all the way in austin tho

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by april0720 View Post
    wow really? we were just talking to recruiters and they said they're only taking 16 Marines back and that was in January, i confirmed this information with a MSgt. at headquarters Marine Corps just last Thursday. SOOOO i'd really love to know updates on this. Because my husband is trying to do the same thing right now, and we're now working with a Gunny at headquarters Marine Corps because they called US because well its just been the run around for the past 6 weeks lol good luck to you i'm totally in the same boat as you right now
    I have heard that it has a lot to do with rank and MOS. If your husband's rank is relatively high and he is trying to get into a popular MOS he may have a hard time. My husband is trying to get back in as 0311 (infantry) and is a LCpl. His reenlistment code is RE1A. What is your husband's MOS and rank? We have been talking to people all day today and still have NO answers. Good luck to you guys too and I would love to keep in touch. Also, you may check back in because the new fiscal year started in October.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by holmesjc0805 View Post
    Right now the littlest thing could disqualify you as for getting into the Marine Corps his package should got from San Antonio to Ft Worth To San Diego which is Marine Corps Recruiting Command. where are you guys at im a recruiter with RS San Antonio im all the way in austin tho

We are also in Austin. Do you commute from Austin to SA? If so, that sucks
    ;-). Would his package go to San Diego even though he is PS? He is not a new applicant.

he's motor t which is full everywhere lol he also has re-a1 reentry code, a sgt and has a letter of reccomendation from a sgt major but its tough THAT'S for sure. he's also trying to get into the Active Reserves since its basically the same as active (same benefits) but finding an MOS that they have funds to retrain is the tough part right now. I can see infantry being a little easier to get in with lol

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by april0720 View Post
    he's motor t which is full everywhere lol he also has re-a1 reentry code, a sgt and has a letter of reccomendation from a sgt major but its tough THAT'S for sure. he's also trying to get into the Active Reserves since its basically the same as active (same benefits) but finding an MOS that they have funds to retrain is the tough part right now. I can see infantry being a little easier to get in with lol
    Active Reserves? Huh? We have not talked about that. Maybe that could be our backup plan... So, it has the same benefits? Do you have the option of going active duty at some point? I know little to nothing about such things, please share.

Thanks,
    Amanda

you can always try you loose time & grade tho if you try to go active. Although there's really no need to go to active everything is the same as Active, except you train reservist. One thing we DID learn with AR is that whatever MOS you have as an AR that's it...no changing it. And chances are you'll get based at reserve base which also mean Base housing is slim to none, so you'd have to rent in town. other than that all the same. Also to get into AR you must go thru a PSR, to get back in Active it goes through a recruiting office. we're going both routes in hopes one of the doors will open at some point lol

Hey ladies, my husband and I are in a similiar situation, I believe I have chatted with you girls before, I was just wondering if either of you have any updates!! We are still waiting for my hubbys medical records to be approved so he can go the MEPS, they sent them out 6 weeks ago and we still have not heard anything. Its getting frustrating with all of the waiting so I thought maybe if you guys had some good news it would help to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Let me know. Thanks!!

not so much lol it took 6 weeks for hubby package to get to VA now they're having issues with his tattoos (which he gotbefore the new rule) did a tattoo waiver 4 weeks ago and its still not in VA lol its a long process sometimes seems like there is no loght at the end...i know that but i just believe everything happens for a reason and always at the right time

I do believe that too, im sorry its taking a long time for you guys too..keep me updated as things happen, good luck..take care!!

Thread Information