High Blood Pressure
Create Post

High Blood Pressure

I have been going through steps to join the USMC and have run into an issue. Prior to trying to join the enlisted side, I also tried applying for the Officer Training School. During that period I was very stupid in stating my blood pressure was high the last time I went to my doctor. With this information they sent that statement up to MEPS and was DQ'd before going and even being tested for it.

This led me to try for the enlisted side, and during the process they discovered I was dq's for my HBP, yet I had not gone to MEPS. According to my recruiter, the OSO really messed me up. So I obtained a 3 day BP reading and the average score of the readings was 143/73. My recruiter said it is borderline high with the regulation of 140/90. He has sent a package of information to some sort of higher authority. My question is how frequent are these waivers approved, and is there a certain standard to evaluate my situation? If anyone could please provide information or examples regarding this I would greatly appreciate it.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    waivers are approved on a case by case basis, there is no way any of us are going to tell whether or not it'll get approved

you would probably suffer a heart attack at boot with pressure that high so that being said, have you applied at lowes or home depot yet?

JK

Yeah, get that under control. If you have to be medicated to control it that's a DQ.

If you have an underlying condition causing it, family history, are overweight, generally de-conditioned, etc those could also be DQs.

So yeah, you've got a X% chance of getting a waiver approved.

Thread Information