Any MOS information would be helpful
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Any MOS information would be helpful

I am in DEP and i have 2 jobs in mind Infantry and Arty. Im leaning more towards infantry but my recruiter is trying to find another job for me for my third slot and he doesnt want me to join the infantry. Im basically just wondering what the daily life for a Marine in the infantry when they arnt on deployment. Thanks for your time.
    Neumann

Being that you're only 16 years old, I don't see how you can be a poolee in the DEP already. Recruiters won't do anything until you're at least 17 years old.
    Try doing a search on the site as these 2 MOS's have been convered many times before.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes I am only 16 but i go to all the poole functions and know most of everything i need to I know I am going to enlist once I can I'm just trying to figure out what everything is like before i ship out ASAP I love the Marines and want to get in with a level mind as soon as i can

While it's great that you go to the poolee functions, you're still not a poolee, nor does it mean you are in the DEP, either. Poolees have shipdates to MCRDPI or MCRDSD.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes I do understand that I am a mature individual. The only thing that prohibits me from being in the Marines is my age. I am 16 but im a junior in high school. I am one of the youngest people in my grade if not for that I would be enlisted. I consider myself in DEP because I am More motivated and have a drive to join with no comparison. Its what Im going to do without a doubt with age as the only set back I have and I ask that I am treated as if I was in DEP because of my drive to succed in my Marine Corps campaign that has inspired my sense of being and purpose in life. I can see that you might think I am arrogant in this request but service to my country, pride, and a better me is my motivation in my request to be treated no different then anyone else in DEP. Thank you for your time.

Neumann

Credits
    Savings
    Oh and hopefully if my plans fall into line. I will be leaving June 6th 2012. graduation day is my desired day to be driven down state to be flown to Camp Pendleton. Thanks for your time.

Neumann

Being a grunt in garrison blows. There's nothing to do but clean weapons, pt, police call, working parties and just do dumb retarded sh!t in general. On the other hand, deployment is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188
    It's not the end of the world, and there are more important issues, like world hunger, unemployment and the economy, but you are not in DEP, but still maintain that you want to be addressed as IF you were in DEP, maybe it's just me, but you are either DEP or not. It is not a major national issue, but to me it sounds a little odd.
    AND, you didn't explain your desire to be treated as if you were DEP, you said you were in fact DEP. So maybe you don't see an issue, but there is one there, believe me. It's called being up front and honest. It's important whether you are DEP or not, or a Boy Scout, or a general.
    Exactly...Thank You!

Like dcb188 has already said, it's not a major national issue, we're just trying to get a point accros to you. Until you're of age and have signed on the dotted line, you're NOT in the DEP.

US Military Enlistment Standards
    Age Limits

One would think that age to enlist in the US military would be a simple category. One is either old enough, or too old, right? Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work that way. By federal law (10 U.S.C., 505), the minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...y/a/enlage.htm

The Delayed Enlistment Program (DEP)

What is the DEP?

In these times, one cannot simply walk into a recruiter's office, sign some papers and ship off to basic training immediately. In general, the recruiting commands must reserve a "slot" for the recruit at basic training. Usually, such slots are booked up months in advance.
    That's where the Delayed Enlistment Program (sometimes called the "Delayed Entry Program") comes in. Individuals going onto active duty, enlist first into the DEP. This is an actual enlistment into the inactive reserves, with an agreement to report for active duty (to ship out to boot camp) at a specific time in the future. Under current regulations, one can remain in the DEP for up to 365 days.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep.htm

Credits
    Savings
    I did not take anything any of you said negative. You all stated an opinion and didnt say anything negative that I consider. I know what you mean about honesty but you are right I dont feel regret for my strain of the truth. Its not that Im arrogant or that Im trying to prove anything. Its that in my mind I beleive I am DEP its the easiest way to explain what I am. If I tell people Im 16 and want to join the Marines I get the same answers of doubt and pity. If I mention that I am in DEP already I get taken seriously. That seriousness is what I was looking for in my statement. Not to falseify my age or status but to be taken as an adult trying to make my way in the world and serching for the knowledge I need to proceed.

Credits
    Savings
    I am sorry if it may havee seemed as I was trying to be deceptive to anyone. That was not my intent was to lie about who or what I am the intent was to get the information I need in as serious a manner as possible. So for that I am sorry WMarine if that my statement was deceptive in anyway shape or form the intent was to get the information I needed in a clean of manner as possible.

If you haven't noticed, everyone's topics, whether they are from poolees or Marine Friends, do get answered. Some don't like the answers they are given, but they do get answered.
    Having you come on a Marine Corps site and telling the Marines here that you are a poolee, when you aren't, doesn't make yourself look good. Yes, some of the Marines could care less about your status, poolee or Marine Friend, but some of us Marines do. Your questions would've gotten answered whether your asked as a Marine Friend or a poolee.
    You don't need to impress anyone here on Leatherneck. You have questions, ask....but also do a search on the site to see if they have been asked before. You want to start off on the right foot. Remember, small lies only escalate into bigger lies.

The Marine Corps Values: Honor, Courage, and Commitment.

Honor: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A U.S. Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

Courage: Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard. Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment: Total dedication to Corps and Country. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps. These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made U.S. Marines the Warrior Elite. The U.S. Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force on earth.

Credits
    Savings
    The intent was not to impress anyone as I said before its to get the information from someone besides my brother or my recruiter to go out on my own to find what I need.

Credits
    Savings
    And Im not the most familar with website its really not what I deal with everyday. My point is I dont know how to search I looked through a couple pages of the forums to find what I asked but was not successful.

There's a search bar to the top right of the page. Type in what you're looking for.

I don't know if I should rage, or laugh at the stupidity of this place.

Thread Information