Just arrived at MCRD San Diego
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Just arrived at MCRD San Diego

Well, I'm just feeling a bit proud and anxious tonight. Thought I'd officially sign up, drop in and share...

My oldest son, Derek, just made his one/first phone call home from MCRD San Diego tonight at 2100. He's just started the "receiving" process of phase 1 of basic training. Not exactly the way his family had hoped we'd hear from him. But at least we know he's in good hands.

Oh, the carnage! I've heard these calls before, but it really hits home when you hear your own kid on the other end. At least I think it was him.

He's been chomping at the bit to join the Marine Corps for the past 6 months. Tonight, I'm confident he's positioned smack dab on the steepest angle of the learning curve.

All our best to those of you that have served and are serving now. We've gotten a great deal of helpful information from you folks and we look forward to being able to carry that torch forward as well.

Kindest regards

I just graduated on Friday. The best thing you can do to help him through is to write him letters AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Mail call is right up there with chow, sleep, and free time.

MAIL CALL !!!!!!!!!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    USMC Sokol, many congrats! What an achievement.

Thanks a million for your support and insight. We'll definitely keep the letters headed his way.

Once we get the mailing addy and instruction packet, we'll get that info up on his Facebook account so his friends and other family can join in on the campaign.

My husband flew out last night to San Diego... should've landed around 9:30pm...
    I still havent got the call (its 10:45pm) this is his wife, I know he can only read a script but im anxiously waiting just to hear his voice again...should I have got the call by now??

We had a few people you received cookies, that was nice. They always shared.

Be sure to spray some foo-foo juice on those letters...

Thread Information