bonus
Create Post

Thread: bonus

bonus

The job i just signed for came with a $4,000 bonus, and a Lcpl told me that he knows no Marine that actually recieved there bonus. Has this happened to any of you Marines? I do not care at all about the money, im just curious.

there is a 500,000 upfront bonus for NBC Mos right now. Only good until this friday! Call your recruiter!

lol

They took a 1/3 of that foour grand off the top for taxes then the rest is spred out over your enlistment...so he might not even have noticed.

It depends on the type of bonus. There's shipping and enlistment bonuses.

If it's in your contract and you do everything you are obligated to do you will get it.

It will be taxed 25% for federal flat rate plus whatever your state taxes are.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I got mine way back when. It was 3G before it was taxed. To get it, I had to complete my school and have 6 months OJT.

Thank you Marines, I guess i wont see much since i live in Taxachusetts haha.

Yup, I signed for my MOS with a 10k bonus, and after finishing Comm School and checking in to my actual unit in the fleet, about a week later I had $7500 post to my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    I will call him in the morning, hoping age is not a factor. They can find some MOS for me, answering phones somewhere like Hawaii or something
    God, I wish I was back at MCBH right now. My girlfriend (whom I met while stationed at MCBH) is back in Hawaii right now complaining about how hot it was at the North Shore today while I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans everyday.

depends on the wording in the contract

like mentioned, I got mine a little over a week after graduating from MOS school minus 25% for taxes

Hawaii isn't that great of a place to live. It costs to much to buy lots of stuff online and have it shipped out here. haha

Thread Information