no more 96's - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no more 96's

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    I wonder how many 96's our Marines are getting in Iraq and Afghanistan...

There is ALWAYS one Marine that keeps things in perspective.

Semper Fi, Master Gunnery Sergeant.

The premise of my comment is we shouldn't be whining and complaining about it. Certain holidays only warrant a three-day pass, and others a four-day pass. Not all holidays are created equal...

I only got a 72 this weekend, but since Friday was an RDO, it turned out to be a 96.

I wasnt whining about anything. i was just wondering if anybody else had heard about no more 96's. whining would be me saying "Man I hate the corps, we dont get 96's". When I was on deployment I sure didnt care if someone got a 96, your in the rear it doesnt matter. When the people get back from Iraq and Afghanistan than they can get 96's too. It wasnt whining in no way, just a question. I dont mean for this to be rude or talking Back to a Master Guns or anything, I was just saying I wasnt trying to sound like I was whining.

Buttom line is you joined my Marine Corp, My Marine Corp didnt come looking for you. we never got 96s at all when i was in the Corps maybe it was because it depended where you were stationed. but you dang sure didnt get 96s in vietnam or in cuba this i can attest to you on that...

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy View Post
    Buttom line is you joined my Marine Corp, My Marine Corp didnt come looking for you. we never got 96s at all when i was in the Corps maybe it was because it depended where you were stationed. but you dang sure didnt get 96s in vietnam or in cuba this i can attest to you on that...
    Of course you didn't get 96s in Cuba or Vietnam. He's in Jacksonville, NC USA, not a hostile foreign country. There is no reason for Marines to be given less liberty because other Marines are forward. Being in the rear is supposed to be a time for recharging your batteries, training, and just generally enjoying life, not being miserable here in preparation for being miserable there.

Your logic lacks logic.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6074603AAoNOY1

Reach down and grab a hold, Ooohhhhrrrraaaaahhhhh!!!!

...old people logic.

Thread Information