no more 96's
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no more 96's

no more 96's

Word around the lance corporal underground is there are no more 96's. We heard that oki canked them and here at lejeune we were supposed to have one for Colombus day and at the last minute they changed it to a 72...apparently Marines can get DUI's on 96's but not 72's. Anyone heard about this yet, or am I just crazy?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yawn,,,,,,,,,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Awww, sniff, sniff ....

anybody else want to get on here and be douchefags?

You have alot to learn young man...

Be glad you are getting a 72. Thats is a priviledge and NOT a right. The Corps doesn't even have to give you weekends off. Just think about your brothers in harms way. They don't get crap and they have earned more than a 72 or a 96 for that matter.

Well they get a month of leave when they get back. I bet if they took away your vaction days you'd get ****ed off...even more so with your WEEKENDS. Todays Marine Corps works in cycles of deployment and garrison, so why not have as much time off when you're not working for 7+ straight months.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything, but I thought it was a 96 too.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    So what you are basically saying is every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast.....you just have a shorter time to accomplish the after dinner...nut fest.....

Yeaaa let's act like that made sence...

I know this much....I'd be PIZZZED as hell if I got hozed out of a 96, esp. prior to deploying.

96's have been a 'time honored' tradition since at least my day (1982). So to dump it for a stupid reason (that isn't mission essential) is foolish.

And before you dogpile him, I"M the one who told him to post this up. So dogpile ME instead.

I used to drive home to Boston from VA during 96's, back in the day.

Funny, I was just commenting on my buddies FB post about him having 5 days off.

Might be different for MSgt's though....

I'm not in the loop, but when I hear about a Corps wide cank of 96's it makes me wonder -- probably a unit thing.

DCB, they still called it that as late as 2000 when I was there. And there were still those maps, too (had them at MCAS Beaufort as well in the 80's) showing you the liberty limits.

Yep...but if you "went and got caught", outside the limits (Like one of my LCpl's did..vehicle breakdown) then you got the high hard one.

The VSP has NEVER been known for their sense of humor! Plenty of my Marines got nailed by them, but the Magistrate system had gone away by the 80's, at least there. It did NOT go away, however, in South Carolina, where the Highway Patrol did do that very thing to those who had out of state licenses. Several Marines I knew got 'hooked and booked' ('Ya'll follow me to the Courthouse now') enroute back to Beaufort from swooping.

I seem to recall the bus still being called that in 1982! It was 'ITS' by then. Of course, it's now "SOI".

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    That's amazing, still calling it the same thing after all those years. Glad to hear it. Those liberty limits maps were something, too.....only a few people stayed within the limits
    We were swooping back in the 90's, too. And we had libo "limit" maps, also. The Corps is big, but it's small, and things change, but they stay the same.

Thread Information