Home schooling waver - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My son is able to get into the Corps with a ASVAB score of 50. Unfortunately, English is his 3rd language (adopted from Sudan) so he is having difficulty getting the score. However, they have told him that as soon as he can score 50 on the test, he's in.

just because you don't have a HS diploma doesn't mean that you are shunned from joining the Marine Corps.

If your parents want you to go to college, go to college at the same time do NROTC or PLC or once you graduate college go to OCS to become a Marine Officer! Once you get your college diploma your parents can't say no to you.

Home schooling... does it teach spelling?

Considering the fact that home schooled children win a disproportionate number of national spelling (also math, geography, etc) bees, I think they doteach spelling. Fact: The average home schooled student is two grade levels above his public schooled peer. My son, who is entering Parris Island in January, earned his Associates degree (criminal justice) with a 3.94 gpa.

I realize those statistics...

I was being sarcastic that he is requesting a "waver".

May I ask why your son is going enlisted instead of the officer career path?

He is going in Security Forces/Grunt. He feels that he shouldn't immediately be able to tell people what to do without prior experience. So he plans to do his first tour as enlisted and then become an officer who should be able to command respect on his own merits and experience rather just just on his rank.

Sounds like he has the plan!!!

Thread Information