I seek advice. Think i'll be fine for MEPS?
Create Post

I seek advice. Think i'll be fine for MEPS?

I feel shame in asking this but i come anyways...

Soo i'm just being a little cautious here.. Straight to the point. I'm a senior that's planning on going into the Corps after graduation. I'm getting into DEP and i have MEPS Thursday, ASVAB & testing (2 day process), I used to be a smoker (daily for a while & yes i'm talking about weed) and the last time i smoked was on August 19th, so it's been a minute. I'm not very active YET but i have ran a few miles recently for rotc. I've beend drinking a gallon a day for about a month total time and i took a first-check test and came back with two strong negative lines. I'm 5'4 and weigh 115... Can't beat myself up over my stupid *** actions beforehand but i truely am committed to a future as a marine and take all this very seriously. I seek advice. Think i'll be fine or not??

Thanks.

Just don't do it again.

New day, good time to start fresh.

I know i have done wrong but i can't do anything about it now.. The moment i decided i wanted to go into the Corps i stopped right then and there. I don't wish to disclose my past actions to my recruiter because i don't want to be seen that way and both my parents are Marines and they'd kill me if they found out. I have caused enough dishonor, and just want to put this all behind me but a failed **** test would bring it all out. Thanks once again.

If you're asking how long the **** stays in your system I suggest you just use google for a answer. Google is good with these sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    If you're asking how long the **** stays in your system I suggest you just use google for a answer. Google is good with these sorts of things.
    I've looked at hundreds of sources for that kinda stuff and i've got anywhere from 3 weeks, 3-6, 40 days.. 60 days all that. My question here is should i be alright? I'm just using all my resources and asking whether i should be fine or not and for any advice. Gotten a LOT of negative feedback about putting the words Marine and marijuana in the same sentence but heyy, it's behind me and i'm only human..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you pop hot, oh well. Choices have consequences. Bad choices often have bad consequences.

your a f*cking pothead and you want to join the Marine Corps? Please explain to me how that makes any sense at all. I see you as a repeat offender and getting booted. Please go see your local army guard recruiter. SPLIFF SPLIFF yo

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Can I infer that you're smoking (as in weed) that you're drinking a gallon a day (as in booze)?

Geesh you are slightly smaller than Audi Murphy .... Maybe you should try the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyaperez2011 View Post
    I've looked at hundreds of sources for that kinda stuff and i've got anywhere from 3 weeks, 3-6, 40 days.. 60 days all that. My question here is should i be alright? I'm just using all my resources and asking whether i should be fine or not and for any advice. Gotten a LOT of negative feedback about putting the words Marine and marijuana in the same sentence but heyy, it's behind me and i'm only human..
    My recommendation is to just push the date of the ASVAB/MEPS visit back by a couple of weeks. Tell your recruiter you have some personal issues to take care of. That should give your body time to be clean.

Everyone makes mistakes you just need to make sure you learn from yours and move on from them.

The Marine Corps isn't filled with perfect beings who had never done a thing wrong before signing the line. Just get your life right and give it all you've got.

And again, fill out your profile.

Thread Information