Cpl Peck
Create Post

Thread: Cpl Peck

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Cpl Peck

I was thinking about Cpl. John Peck today. Has anyone heard how he is doing? Zenio (step Dad) has stopped posting

Cmdr. been thinking about him myself have not seen anything on him.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Cmdr. been thinking about him myself have not seen anything on him.
    Butch...I just did a search on Google and I couldn't find anything.In fact most of the updates I found come from LN

Been wondering.

I 've been waiting for someone to post about Cpl. Peck. I don't jump around too much, because I get lost too easily on this machine. I go only to places my daughter leads me to. I hope someone brings us up to date soon. S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Since I live close to Cpl Peck's grandfather, I'll try and stop by his place this weekend and see if I can find out anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by rb1651 View Post
    Since I live close to Cpl Peck's grandfather, I'll try and stop by his place this weekend and see if I can find out anything.
    Thank you Ron!!!

Credits
    Savings

Talked with Grandfather

I had the honor to talk to Cpl. Peck's Grandfather, Richard Piper, last night and I'm happy to say that John is doing well. He told me that his attitude is amazing, and his recovery at Walter Reed is going well. We talked for quite awhile, and I will share some of the conversation here, and some that I will not post but will share via PM's if you're interested.

First off, Mr. Piper told me that Cpl Peck has accepted what has happened to him, and believes that the Lord saved his life in order to fulfill what he thinks he was put on this earth to do, and that is to encourage and help other injured and maimed service members reach thier full potential. (A little background on this. Mr. Piper told me that John didn't really have a relationship with the church before, but he now understands that God has a plan for him, and he's embracing it.)

He shared with me a story about John receiving many gifts and well wishes from people all over, but the one that stuck with me was about John learning that another member there had lost his legs. (Bear with me here.) John had received a playstation game, and he said "what in the world am I going to do this?" He then asked that it be given to the member who had lost his legs so that he would have something to help with his recovery. (I got a little choked up as he told me this.)

He told me of the many visitors John has had, but Mr. Piper made it a point to tell me about Colin Powell visiting with him. He also told me about John's desire to meet with or hear from Iron Chef Bobby Flay.

A little background on that. John's dream was to become a chef. He has since put that dream on hold (and I'll explain in a minute), but would still like to hear from Mr. Flay. Mr. Piper said that he has tried to correspond with him, but has heard nothing back. (I told Mr. Piper that I would let the members of Leatherneck.com know this, so I asking that everyone send a message to Bobby Flay (www.bobbyflay.com) asking that he gets in contact with Cpl Peck at Walter Reed. Unforutnately I didn't think to get Cpl. Peck's address.)

Now, as to why John has put his dream on hold. (Getting a little teary-eyed as I type this.) Cpl. Peck has been offered the opportunity to remain in the Corps so that he can help other wounded warriors, and that he has apparently decided that is his station in life. All I can say is I'm humbled by this young man, and I wish him the best in his life's journey.

I will continue to stay in contact with Mr. Piper so that I can provide updates here. I am hoping to meet with him in the next few weeks so that I can present him with a Marine Corps Seal that I am currently painting on glass.

On a side note, but very important. Mr. Piper's wife just got home from the hospital yesterday, and yet he still found the time to answer my message on his phone. If Mr. Piper is reading this, I hope I got everything right, and I would like to give you a huge THANK YOU for taking the time to talk with me. It was a pleasure and an honor, and I look forward to meeting you.

I'm asking that the prayers continue for Cpl. Pecks recovery and also for Mrs. Piper's recovery as well. I will post updates as they become available.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cpl Peck a true warrior and Marine!
    Thank you for the update.

Thankyou on the update on Cpl Peck, this young Marine is in all aspecks a MARINE. God Bless him and his family.

The human spirit is an unbelievable thing. I'd be honored to be in the presence of Cpl. Peck. Truly an amazing young man !

Credits
    Savings
    That's fantastic news. Thank you for the update.

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry I missed the news about Mr Pipers wife. I had something in my eyes. My prayers go out to them both and may Cpl Peck continue on his road to his dream. My prayers continue for he and his family as well

Thank You I Will Continue To Pray For My Brother And Hero.
    May God Continue To Richley Bless John And His Family.
    Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Good News !

THANK YOU,RB1651 ! s/f ! kEN

I continue to keep Cpl Peck in my thoughts and prayers. I'm in awe of yet another remarkable update on an obviously remarkable man and Marine. He is a living legacy!

Thread Information