not a marine but thinking of getting a marine tattoo in honor of my father.opinions? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    In Honor of, or In Memory of, and you should be good to go.

BTW, that was an Officer correcting you. Did you notice his non-texting, proper punctuation and capitalization, style of writing?
    MOS1310 is one of the first friends I made on this site. I'm afraid you are being a little snobbish. Yes, he does take this site seriously, but what is wrong with that?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc987332 View Post
    MOS1310 is one of the first friends I made on this site. I'm afraid you are being a little snobbish. Yes, he does take this site seriously, but what is wrong with that?
    I think Big Al was pointing out to the lad that a Commander had just given him some good advice and he ignored it.

Personnally I think if someone goes and gets a MC tatoo and doesn't have some sort of qualifier included then they are a poser. It would be no different if they wore dress blues in public.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Bob Allen, Big Al was referring to the young lad and not to me but thank you for watching my back Marine

"I think Big Al was pointing out to the lad that a Commander had just given him some good advice and he ignored it. "

Bob Quinn, thanks to you as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I think Big Al was pointing out to the lad that a Commander had just given him some good advice and he ignored it.

Personnally I think if someone goes and gets a MC tatoo and doesn't have some sort of qualifier included then they are a poser. It would be no different if they wore dress blues in public.

84 and no tatoo, so I's not qualified to give advise unless it is to one of my grandsons. To them I would say, it is easy to get, but hard to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjar View Post
    Tell me you didn't do the same once or twice.
    Well, ya got me there. I asked my Dad about the Marine Corps (he was a driver in Korea). He advised me to go Air Force. He was looking after my safety like a good father. One of the few times I ever saw him cry was when I loudly insisted that I was a-gonna do it anyway. I sure miss that guy. /hijack

84 and no tatoo, so I's not qualified to give advise unless it is to one of my grandsons. To them I would say, it is easy to get, but hard to get rid of.
    By the way, I also have seven granddaughters. If one of them came in with a tatoo, I don't know what I would do after I quit crying.

Grand-Daughters.

By the way, I also have seven granddaughters. If one of them came in with a tatoo, I don't know what I would do after I quit crying.
    I've got eleven of them Bob, and you'd probably do the same thing I did. Wipe away the tears, and give her a big hug, and a kiss. S/F!! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I've got eleven of them Bob, and you'd probably do the same thing I did. Wipe away the tears, and give her a big hug, and a kiss. S/F!! Ken
    I probably would do the same, but probably wouldn't be able not to say "You'll be sorry!"

Grand-Daughters.

I probably would do the same, but probably wouldn't be able not to say "You'll be sorry!"
    They don't want advice from us brother, just approval. guys like you and I are past our expiration date. Antique dust catchers. It's still fun to pull their chains once in while though. S/F!! Ken

Hello,
    I am not a Marine, but I have a son that is a RCT and will be graduating in September. When my RCT graduates I would like to get a tattoo with the EGA to honor him. I know this can be a sensitive subject and I absolutely do not want to insult anyone. The design I was going with is the EGA (done properly) with a lily off to each side with proud mom. I do not like to put names with tattoo's. Would this be acceptable? If not, any and all constructive criticism is welcome because I want to do this right for my son and for all the other Marines.

You haven't earned it, I would say no, but in all reality how can we stop it, Semper Fidelis.

Thank you for your honest answer. This is exactly why I posted here. I do not want to disrespect anyone. Any suggestions on how I can honor my son without disrespecting what all Marines work so hard to earn?

How about a plate on your vehicle that says something like "A Proud Mother of a U. S. Marine!

Thank you for your comment. I intend to do just that. I have figured out a design that will honor my son and will not be disrespectful. The American flag, the type of cross that my son and I both like with dog tags hanging from it. This is an empty nest coping mechanism for me. When my oldest left the nest I had a piece done for him as well. My oldest is not military affiliated. I went with a design that meant something important to honor him.

Thread Information