confuesed about MOS picking
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question confuesed about MOS picking

Right now I am 17 and i know i want to be a Marine. NO matter how this question is answered I'm still going to sign up and EARN the title. But i have been told couple of different things about MOS. I was told you don't get to pick your MOS. I was told you can request but you really don't get to pick. I was told you take the ASVAB then you see what you are good at you are given options you can choose one. but you still may not get it. Do you in any way get to pick your MOS, oh and when do you find out your MOS?

Please and Thankyou for the answers. ;p

Not trying to be a dick but if you would have read about any other thread on this forum than you would have clearly seen that you do have a choice, it's called a contract.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Can you explain a little bit more about the contracts? please and thank you.

Take ASVAB, get score, recruiter looks at your numbers and tells you what you can and can not do, you pick three of those from the can list, recruiter submits that request, request comes back to recruiter, recruiter tells you what will go on your contract.

When you get your contract after enlisting it will usually list a code which is usually for a general occupational field, not a specific MOS. I wasn't told what my specific MOS was to be until the end of MCT.

Everything you said in your first post was correct.

No you can pick which field you want, that whole top 3 thing is a load of crap. If you want 03xx then say I'm not shipping till I get what my TOP pick is.

SEARCH the forums. Use the term "Picking your MOS".

Thread Information