Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemercd View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with San Diego. I hear they have this mountain, called Mt. Mother****er, it's really fun to climb from what I hear.
    I herd from a returning marine there is a mountain called the reaper that you climb at the end of the crucible six miles straight up then six miles straight down... cant wait

I've made some improvements I think in the past 2 months. Always looking to improve! Stats are in my signature.

~Burke

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeWorld View Post
    I've made some improvements I think in the past 2 months. Always looking to improve! Stats are in my signature.

~Burke
    Nice job man. what's your workout routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    Nice job man. what's your workout routine?
    1) Overhauled my diet completely as I used to just eat junk.

2) Started running low intensity. Now that I've gotten my wind and such, I go longer, further and faster, then at the end of every week I try to do a really hard challenge (Last week was a 10 mile run, was tough, but I pulled it off) I take Sunday's off to recover. I run 3-4 miles everyday now, varying pace and hill routes around my neighbourhood. Sprints on Saturday/Poolee functions PT helps and is fun.

3) Weight training for the pull ups and whatnot. Curls, shoulder presses, lat pull downs almost daily, giving rest when needed. I started off at 8 push ups back 2 months ago before failure. Few days ago I did a max set of 84 push ups before failure.

Diet. Run. As my recruiter puts it, "Pick stuff up, put stuff down. Repeat."

I dunno if my method is right or wrong, but it's working for me.

~Burke

1) Overhauled my diet completely as I used to just eat junk.

2) Started running low intensity. Now that I've gotten my wind and such, I go longer, further and faster, then at the end of every week I try to do a really hard challenge (Last week was a 10 mile run, was tough, but I pulled it off) I take Sunday's off to recover. I run 3-4 miles everyday now, varying pace and hill routes around my neighbourhood. Sprints on Saturday/Poolee functions PT helps and is fun.

3) Weight training for the pull ups and whatnot. Curls, shoulder presses, lat pull downs almost daily, giving rest when needed. I started off at 8 push ups back 2 months ago before failure. Few days ago I did a max set of 84 push ups before failure.

Diet. Run. As my recruiter puts it, "Pick stuff up, put stuff down. Repeat."

I dunno if my method is right or wrong, but it's working for me.

~Burke
    Nice job, my IST is probably taking a bit slower because my diet sucks..i usually have to run on a crappy treadmill because my lungs cant handle running in the freezing weather here in NY.

Nice job, my IST is probably taking a bit slower because my diet sucks..i usually have to run on a crappy treadmill because my lungs cant handle running in the freezing weather here in NY.
    I live in Boston, we get similar weather. I just get a mouth wrap and layer it up and run. Surely if I can do it, anyone can do it.

Get outside and run, it won't kill ya. You think at Recruit Training they're going to not make us run because it's a lil cold out?

Not bustin' your balls man, just tryin' to get people outta the house and running. Layers and mouth mask to keep breath warm, does the trick for me.

~Burke

I live in Boston, we get similar weather. I just get a mouth wrap and layer it up and run. Surely if I can do it, anyone can do it.

Get outside and run, it won't kill ya. You think at Recruit Training they're going to not make us run because it's a lil cold out?

Not bustin' your balls man, just tryin' to get people outta the house and running. Layers and mouth mask to keep breath warm, does the trick for me.

~Burke
    Hmm mouth wrap? never thought of that. And yea i usually just dont like running in the cold because i dont sweat and it just feels wierd. Treadmill still gets the job done but running on a moving mat feels unnatural. and your not bustin my balls i know your just helpin haha.

Hmm mouth wrap? never thought of that. And yea i usually just dont like running in the cold because i dont sweat and it just feels wierd. Treadmill still gets the job done but running on a moving mat feels unnatural. and your not bustin my balls i know your just helpin haha.
    Right, I was similar when I started running out in the cold. But after I learned to wear layers, I still sweat. My bottom layer would be soaked even if it was cold or windy out. My dad was a marathoner in his younger days, he taught me the mouth-wrap thing, it really keeps your breath warm and doesn't restrict your breathing. Also; wear a hat, helps keep the head heat in which is very important.

~Burke

Right, I was similar when I started running out in the cold. But after I learned to wear layers, I still sweat. My bottom layer would be soaked even if it was cold or windy out. My dad was a marathoner in his younger days, he taught me the mouth-wrap thing, it really keeps your breath warm and doesn't restrict your breathing. Also; wear a hat, helps keep the head heat in which is very important.

~Burke
    all i do is run on a treadmill for 8mph for 30 mins straight everyday in winter time doesnt effect my run time it improves it.

Yeah, whatever works for you, that's awesome. I have my own plan, and everyone does what they need to do.

Bottom line; PT all day, everyday.

~Burke

Can't wait for the winter, get on that snow-running! Who's with me?

1st IST:

Pullups: 0
    Crunches: 43
    Run: 15:56

Most Recent IST:

Pullups: 14
    Crunches: 76
    Run: 12:02

I think I've improved some eh? Still gotta ways to go though before January. I want to get 100 crunches by time I ship, take another minute off my run, and get 20 pullups.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jackson View Post
    1st IST:

Pullups: 0
    Crunches: 43
    Run: 15:56

Most Recent IST:

Pullups: 14
    Crunches: 76
    Run: 12:02

I think I've improved some eh? Still gotta ways to go though before January. I want to get 100 crunches by time I ship, take another minute off my run, and get 20 pullups.
    Out-****ing-standing improvement. How long did it take?

Just want to throw this out there! I know the Marine Corps is big on pull-ups and that's the backbone of our PT, but don't skimp on the push-ups! Understand that just because you can accomplish over 10 pull-ups or even a perfect 20 doesn't mean push-ups aren't fundamental. I know I'm no expert at bodybuilding or PT, but I know that push-ups contribute massively when it comes to raw power, and also just because one can do 20 plus pull-ups doesn't mean he will be able to execute "x" amount of push-ups. Just like every other workout, natural strength plays a part, but in the end it's sets of reps that will build the numbers up. I don't want to be the guy who aces the PFT but can't handle the quarterdeck, neither does anyone reading this. Hundreds and thousands of push-ups, poolees. The reason I'm saying this is because I myself took push-ups for a joke, and that would've been a tragedy if I hadn't changed my approach. Diamond push-ups work wonders, too.

Push-up Form (for those of you who aren't familiar): Arms shoulder width apart, with palms (not fists) flat on the deck, back should be firm and straight, and legs should be together, but not interlocking. Head should never be facing the deck, but should be forward (safety reasons). At the down position, elbows should be at a complete right angle, with chest very close to the deck (varies; some will say chest should hit the deck, we'll find out for sure at boot) Push-up until elbows are completely locked out. Breathe. Repeat until failure or until proper form is impossible due to fatigue.

Thread Information