Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My Pullup and Crunches are from the IST I took right after I swore in and probably lost 2 pounds that week just because I had barely any time to eat while running around getting stuff together to go to MEPs. The run was at an IST I was at the Saturday before the week I enlisted, but my recruiter said he'd just put that time in as the qualifying time so that I could enter the DEP since there is no track at the MEPs I went to and there won't be another IST for a couple of weeks if not more.

Pullups: 15

Crunches: 67

1.5 Mile Run: 9:54 (sprinted at the very end so it probably would have ended up around 10:02-05 if I just kept the same pace).

Dam this thread makes me depressed. Im working on my IST so i dont go to boot camp with the minimum. but almost everyone in here is doing like 10+ pullups running well and doing situps well. while im just barely getting by.

I hope im not the most unfit kid to ever go to Parris Island

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    Dam this thread makes me depressed. Im working on my IST so i dont go to boot camp with the minimum. but almost everyone in here is doing like 10+ pullups running well and doing situps well. while im just barely getting by.

We all started where you are, so you can go way past minimium if you continue to work. If you have excess weight, lose it. You'll see your pullups and runtime increase dramatically.

When I first got on this site and when I first entered the DEP I was at 0 pullups 45 crunches and a 14+ 1.5 mile if you work on it it will come my last ist was 6 pull ups 66 crunches and 12:02 1.5 run that is only after a month of being in the DEP also if you are over weight, lose it I started at 236 and now am down in the 100's barly but I'm there. I know if you want to be a marine you will be able to get it up

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    When I first got on this site and when I first entered the DEP I was at 0 pullups 45 crunches and a 14+ 1.5 mile if you work on it it will come my last ist was 6 pull ups 66 crunches and 12:02 1.5 run that is only after a month of being in the DEP also if you are over weight, lose it I started at 236 and now am down in the 100's barly but I'm there. I know if you want to be a marine you will be able to get it up
    i finally am able to do 10 pull ups =)

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    First IST:

Pull ups: 10
    Crunches: 58
    1.5 mile: 10:10

Most Recent IST in Sig.

Just keep at it, you'll be shocked at the progress you'll make if you put everything you've got into it.
    Diet and sleep are more crucial than you think, so make sure you've got everything working in your favor!

Uhh today we had a poole fucntion, IST. . I've been sick so Gunny told me I could not run. . .But I hung up on the FAH for 83 seconds, and I did 80 crunches. Getting better..

I'm shipping out in a week and I ran my IST at Long Island today. If there's one thing I hate more than fat people who aren't trying to change themselves...it's shin-splints. Today was the first day that I've ran a mile and a 1/2 in more then 9 minutes, and it felt terrible. It's my fault. The last poolee meeting we had (before today) consisted of a 3 mile run across the Brooklyn Bridge and back and I didn't stretch my legs out afterward..fully knowing the consequences, so I had to run today's IST with the worst Shin-splint in the history of shin-splints. Everytime my left foot hit the deck it felt like Thor's hammer. I'm not making excuses. I sucked today and it was my fault, I showed no discipline on the run. I started behind everybody and then sprinted to the front so I was the person in the lead at first until another poolee from my RS surged passed me. My problem was that I started too fast, which I don't usually do but thought I could handle it, even though I knew I had a shin-splint, so I lost control of my breathing and couldn't find my normal pace today. Moral: I'm an idiot. I took for granted my speed and didn't take care of my legs..and the result is passing the IST, but not with the score I was anticipating. I'm not that disappointed because it's happened to me before and then i've gone back to running 1.5 in 9 minutes...but still..I was stupid. Never again. Take note, poolees...stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    I'm shipping out in a week and I ran my IST at Long Island today. If there's one thing I hate more than fat people who aren't trying to change themselves...it's shin-splints. Today was the first day that I've ran a mile and a 1/2 in more then 9 minutes, and it felt terrible. It's my fault. The last poolee meeting we had (before today) consisted of a 3 mile run across the Brooklyn Bridge and back and I didn't stretch my legs out afterward..fully knowing the consequences, so I had to run today's IST with the worst Shin-splint in the history of shin-splints. Everytime my left foot hit the deck it felt like Thor's hammer. I'm not making excuses. I sucked today and it was my fault, I showed no discipline on the run. I started behind everybody and then sprinted to the front so I was the person in the lead at first until another poolee from my RS surged passed me. My problem was that I started too fast, which I don't usually do but thought I could handle it, even though I knew I had a shin-splint, so I lost control of my breathing and couldn't find my normal pace today. Moral: I'm an idiot. I took for granted my speed and didn't take care of my legs..and the result is passing the IST, but not with the score I was anticipating. I'm not that disappointed because it's happened to me before and then i've gone back to running 1.5 in 9 minutes...but still..I was stupid. Never again. Take note, poolees...stretch.

Dude i totally know what you're getting at. When i was on the track team last year it felt like every time i took a step my ankles were imploding. It really is the worst pain ive ever had without breaking something and i had to quit the team because of how bad they were getting. To get rid of it ice it all the time, take some ibuprofen, and rest. it took me about 1-2 weeks before i was back 100%

Dude i totally know what you're getting at. When i was on the track team last year it felt like every time i took a step my ankles were imploding. It really is the worst pain ive ever had without breaking something and i had to quit the team because of how bad they were getting. To get rid of it ice it all the time, take some ibuprofen, and rest. it took me about 1-2 weeks before i was back 100%

See, that's the thing. I ship out to bootcamp in a WEEK, so I need to get good to go NOW or suck it up later. I'll do the ice and Ibu, and I'll stretch this entire week. Hopefully they wont make me run another IST next Friday (maybe I should've been ghost for this poolee meeting but I'm too motivated to cop the easy way out and miss out on the excitement). It doesn't matter. The pain is like bolts of lightning coursing through my bones and muscles but I'll do the best I can this week to heal. Either way, the next time I run I'll use my discipline and acclimate if I have to, because shin-splint or no shin-splint, if my run time isn't 9:00 and better, I've failed the IST and that's not an option.

That's still really good, I'm sure it wasn't that much higher than 9 mins, maybe 10 mins at the most. Most people, without shin splints, can only run their mile and a half within 10-12 mins. You were having a bad day..Happens to the best of us. You got this..And good luck at bootcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by LaForestLK View Post
    That's still really good, I'm sure it wasn't that much higher than 9 mins, maybe 10 mins at the most. Most people, without shin splints, can only run their mile and a half within 10-12 mins. You were having a bad day..Happens to the best of us. You got this..And good luck at bootcamp.
    Thank you. I had a bad day. I don't doubt myself. I could blame the extremely cold weather in my lungs. I could say I haven't been training for my runtime in a while, which is true. Obviously, the shin-splint is what really hindered me, so that's a great excuse. The fact however, is that I SUCKED today. I started fast and lost my bearing. I didn't utilize my usual technique and I allowed my lungs to become overwhelmed. Sh!t happens, but I'll make sure it was a freak accident and it wont occur again. The Marines at my RS didn't even give me slack about it because they know I usually dominate on the run. I'll do 9:00 next time and get back on track to a perfect 300. To poolees, don't let personal failures demotivate you, just use it for fuel, treat it as an insult and get back at it.

Thank you. I had a bad day. I don't doubt myself. I could blame the extremely cold weather in my lungs. I could say I haven't been training for my runtime in a while, which is true. Obviously, the shin-splint is what really hindered me, so that's a great excuse. The fact however, is that I SUCKED today. I started fast and lost my bearing. I didn't utilize my usual technique and I allowed my lungs to become overwhelmed. Sh!t happens, but I'll make sure it was a freak accident and it wont occur again. The Marines at my RS didn't even give me slack about it because they know I usually dominate on the run. I'll do 9:00 next time and get back on track to a perfect 300. To poolees, don't let personal failures demotivate you, just use it for fuel, treat it as an insult and get back at it.
    Scar dont feel bad i just got a ankle injury on Wednesday its killing me but hey i am still running everyday so i know what your going threw.

Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    Scar dont feel bad i just got a ankle injury on Wednesday its killing me but hey i am still running everyday so i know what your going threw.
    Thanks bro. You know what's motivating? I'm not a giant dude. I'm in shape, I have a 6 pack, I've got muscles, but by no standards am I built looking. I'm STRONG, or at least, I believe myself to be strong although once at boot, I'm sure my DIs will rectify that immediately. Still, I'm on the slim side of things....but so is this Marine who's at our RS. This Marine is as slim as me if not slimmer. He graduated bootcamp with a 285 and is now a perfect 300. His run time is 3 miles in 17 something. That's moto to me...representing in that slim but deadly fashion.

Thanks bro. You know what's motivating? I'm not a giant dude. I'm in shape, I have a 6 pack, I've got muscles, but by no standards am I built looking. I'm STRONG, or at least, I believe myself to be strong although once at boot, I'm sure my DIs will rectify that immediately. Still, I'm on the slim side of things....but so is this Marine who's at our RS. This Marine is as slim as me if not slimmer. He graduated bootcamp with a 285 and is now a perfect 300. His run time is 3 miles in 17 something. That's moto to me...representing in that slim but deadly fashion.
    I know how a stupid injury is a huge bummer. I messed up my knee by overworking it last week. Its all swelled up and freaking me out bc we only have a week left. Its getting better.....but not fast enough! My days till next monday are going to consist of ice, aspirin and lots of rest. yay.

Thread Information