Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    20 is more then enough for an indian run, we usually do it with 8 or so. I wish we could do it with 20. Poolees with no balls irritate me, they slow the RSS down and keep us from doing the really fun activities. Still, I suppose they deserve a chance to improve and better themselves as well.

And way...lets NOT derail this thread like all the others. lol. The next post should be some poolee posting their IST/PFT scores.
    We do indian runs in two lines, side by side... each line has an ammo can which you pass to the person behind you...when it gets to the back, you sprint up to the front with the can, racing the person from the other line, and when you get to the front, you pass the ammo can on.

And I just realized ADRobald already described what we do haha

First IST 20100812- Pull up: 19 seconds
    Crunch: 36
    Mile Half: 14.27

Current IST 20110929- Pull up- 63 seconds
    Crunch: 51
    Mile Half: 13.26

Quote Originally Posted by LaForestLK View Post
    First IST 20100812- Pull up: 19 seconds
    Crunch: 36
    Mile Half: 14.27

Current IST 20110929- Pull up- 63 seconds
    Crunch: 51
    Mile Half: 13.26
    How the HELL did you go from 00:19 to 1:03 for the flexed-arm hang in like a month and a half? Tell me your secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    How the HELL did you go from 00:19 to 1:03 for the flexed-arm hang in like a month and a half? Tell me your secrets!
    I did a lot of push ups, diamond push ups, and diamond scorpion push ups and whatever workout we did at PT the day previous on the days I don't have PT.

Motivation, Ms. Alaska. lol. Motivation. I was working this one poolee and her run time flew down from 14 minutes to 10 minutes in 2 weeks, no lie. lol. It help that she had calves that could mule-kick a rhino and that she danced, but it's all motivation...you just keep at it and persevere and remember that the Marine Corps is all about "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body."

I did a lot of push ups, diamond push ups, and diamond scorpion push ups and whatever workout we did at PT the day previous on the days I don't have PT.

Diamond Push-ups? How many Diamond push-ups can you do at full speed? And..what in thee blue hell..... are Diamond scorpion push-ups? They sound intense and I'd like to incorporate them into my PT

Diamond Push-ups? How many Diamond push-ups can you do at full speed? And..what in thee blue hell..... are Diamond scorpion push-ups? They sound intense and I'd like to incorporate them into my PT
    Ahahaha my thoughts exactly. Sounds like something from the Matrix trilogy.

I dunno, never counted but I know I that I do a whole lot more than I used to..I'll count next time. And scorpions are like diamonds but you raise your right leg up as high as possible and try to touch your head with your foot and then start pushing up.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRobold View Post
    Ahahaha my thoughts exactly. Sounds like something from the Matrix trilogy.
    Aha :-) thank Gunny Spradlin

There it is!!! Just like Trinitys scorpion kick in the first movie!! booo yaaa

I gotta' give you mad props - that is one hell of an improvement. You have motivated me to haze myself over the next two weeks. I'm determined to max one of my stats, whether it's the hang, crunches, or the run. It's gonna' happen before I ship.

Motivation, Ms. Alaska. lol. Motivation. I was working this one poolee and her run time flew down from 14 minutes to 10 minutes in 2 weeks, no lie. lol. It help that she had calves that could mule-kick a rhino and that she danced, but it's all motivation...you just keep at it and persevere and remember that the Marine Corps is all about "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body."
    Don't even start. lol. What kind of training did you do to get her down to 10:00? I'm convinced I'll run the next IST in under 12:00, I can just FEEL it. I've got 2 and half weeks before I ship; let's see if I can meet the 10-minute challenge!

I dunno, never counted but I know I that I do a whole lot more than I used to..I'll count next time. And scorpions are like diamonds but you raise your right leg up as high as possible and try to touch your head with your foot and then start pushing up.
    I'm having a hard time picturing this. lol. But at least the name makes sense; I still don't understand why Chinese sit-ups are called "Chinese sit-ups"...

I have been in the DEP for 1 month but this is what my old IST used to be before i decided to join

Summer of 09-

Pullups- 1
    Crunches- 45
    Run Time- 15:09
    Height and Weight- 6' 155pds

And my current one is in my sig. I have only been working out for a month so hopefully by the end of the year i can get around 6 pullups - 70 crunches and a run time of 13:00. My current height and weight is 6'2 170pds

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    I have been in the DEP for 1 month but this is what my old IST used to be before i decided to join

Summer of 09-

Pullups- 1
    Crunches- 45
    Run Time- 15:09
    Height and Weight- 6' 155pds

And my current one is in my sig. I have only been working out for a month so hopefully by the end of the year i can get around 6 pullups - 70 crunches and a run time of 13:00. My current height and weight is 6'2 170pds
    All you gotta do is go buy a cheap door hanging pull up bar and max out a few times every day, trust me, you'll see improvment fast.

I gotta' give you mad props - that is one hell of an improvement. You have motivated me to haze myself over the next two weeks. I'm determined to max one of my stats, whether it's the hang, crunches, or the run. It's gonna' happen before I ship.

Don't even start. lol. What kind of training did you do to get her down to 10:00? I'm convinced I'll run the next IST in under 12:00, I can just FEEL it. I've got 2 and half weeks before I ship; let's see if I can meet the 10-minute challenge!

I'm having a hard time picturing this. lol. But at least the name makes sense; I still don't understand why Chinese sit-ups are called "Chinese sit-ups"...
    What are Chinese situps?
    You have the right attitude! It'll happen, just keep working hard.

Thread Information