Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 28
Create Post
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am stuck at 15 pullups... Any advice?

Start doing a push pull routine, my reruiter says before a PFT (this is prolly weeks in advance) he does a crap load of push ups all sorts of them diamond push ups chair push ups like they are candy. Obviously you can try one of these other programs that people have suggested like they are going out of style like the Recon Ron pull up program or whatever its called, hell I am in the same boat as you but my pull up count is a bit less.

The Recon Ron program is what helped me get from 0 to 9 in a little less than 2 months. I would recommend doing that and a buttload of pushups everyday. Try doing 15-25 pushups right when you wake up, 15-25 more right after you go to the bathroom in the morning, 15-25 more after you brush your teeth, 15-25 more after you make your bed, and max out right before breakfast. Do that everyday and you should improve.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']To improve your pull ups, you can do pull ups while wearing a backpack with weight in it. Start off with 5 lbs in the backpack and work your way up in weight. Do like 4 or 5 sets of half the number of your max pull ups. I guarantee if you do this you will get 20 pull ups easy… This is what I do and I do 30 pull ups consistently. >>[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by 24NO24 View Post
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']To improve your pull ups, you can do pull ups while wearing a backpack with weight in it. Start off with 5 lbs in the backpack and work your way up in weight. Do like 4 or 5 sets of half the number of your max pull ups. I guarantee if you do this you will get 20 pull ups easy… This is what I do and I do 30 pull ups consistently. >>[/FONT]
    I haven't thought of that. I'll try it for a couple of weeks and post results. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
    First IST (20110915)
    1.5 Mile Run: 10:27
    Crunches: 67
    Pull ups 6

Last IST (20110926)
    1.5 Mile Run: 10:14
    Crunches: 87
    Pull ups 9

I ran the 1.5mile in 9:53 last week, but I got cramps .5 miles into it yesterday and my time suffered.
    Newest IST (20110929)
    1.5 Mile Run: 11:14
    Crunches: 100
    Pull ups 8

As of yesterday 5 pull ups 102 crunches 12:01 1.5 mile. Going to start working out with the rss the last 6 weeks before Parris island see if them numbers improve

Yo Munky, how do you do your pull ups? You can possibly pump out more if you find a better way to do them. I messed around with that a bit and it helped.

With a posterior grip hands facing in. I've been trying anterior grip hands facing out but I don't want to experiment when it is ist time. Cause if I mess up and can only do 1 then I will fail the ist. I cannot have that happen 6 weeks out from the island.

Side note I spoke to some Marines that just returned from training if you want to work on your pull up count at boot camp you have to work out on your own free time. Apparently during pt you will not do any work outs to work on pull ups. One of the Marines left for the island doing 6 pull-ups and afte is now doing 12. if you are not maxing out on crunches by the time you pft you will be. And your run times should improve aswell, at least that's the words I got from some Marines that returned home this week.

Yea well I expect to have better scores because I want to improve. I don't believe achieving 100 crunches would be hard but to leap from 5 to 20 pull ups would be, as for the run.....since you're sprinting everywhere I guess that will improve your times. I know my pull up numbers will increase and my run times will decrease because I will loose more weight. If I get to 200lbs I believe I'll hit 20 easily since I'm hitting 8-10 at 220.

Keep at it boss, we'll cross paths out there, actually when your in 1st phase I'll be in 2nd. Keep at it.

Oh yea, I assume you haven't done the Moment of Truth/Shipping validation yet?

I've done my thirty day screen beginning of November I'll be doing my seven day screening. It's closin in on crunch time getting pretty stoked.

Yea, I only did it one time. All the yelling, fast moving, etc was done.

I had fun but can't say that about some of the other Poolees there. You already know this but imma put it down incase others need advice, do your damn best there.....it will be the factor if you keep your ship date. Regardless if you can do everything with easy there's many Marines watching to see who isn't worthy to go to bootcamp.

If you can do 132 crunches do 133, if you can do 58 pull ups do 59, if you can run a 1 1/2 mile in 4 min flat run it in 3:59.

Regardless of the passing numbers you put up put out because they do get on those who give up on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Yea, I only did it one time. All the yelling, fast moving, etc was done.

I had fun but can't say that about some of the other Poolees there. You already know this but imma put it down incase others need advice, do your damn best there.....it will be the factor if you keep your ship date. Regardless if you can do everything with easy there's many Marines watching to see who isn't worthy to go to bootcamp.

If you can do 132 crunches do 133, if you can do 58 pull ups do 59, if you can run a 1 1/2 mile in 4 min flat run it in 3:59.

Regardless of the passing numbers you put up put out because they do get on those who give up on themselves.
    #Motivation

Last Official IST 20110906
    Pullups: 11
    Run: 11:26
    Crunches: 82

Current Official IST 20111005
    Run: 10:12
    Pullups: 9.25 lol
    Crunches: 116

I listed each exercise for the IST in the order they were performed. Today's pullups would have been like 14 but I forgot I had an IST today and did a pullup workout and did like 50 pullups already for the day so my back and arms were tired.

Anyway, today's IST felt like a tremendous improvement and I am excited to see where I am at after Boot Camp graduation.

Stay motivated Poolees. You're almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by AZTony View Post
    Last Official IST 20110906
    Pullups: 11
    Run: 11:26
    Crunches: 82

Current Official IST 20111005
    Run: 10:12
    Pullups: 9.25 lol
    Crunches: 116

I listed each exercise for the IST in the order they were performed. Today's pullups would have been like 14 but I forgot I had an IST today and did a pullup workout and did like 50 pullups already for the day so my back and arms were tired.

Anyway, today's IST felt like a tremendous improvement and I am excited to see where I am at after Boot Camp graduation.

Stay motivated Poolees. You're almost there.
    Your ship date is Oct 11th thats a Tuesday how do you ship on a Tuesday?

Thread Information