Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 25
Create Post
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    I have a question. As of right now, I'm only able to do about 7 pull-ups so I'm asking if its possible I'll be able to do 20 in 10 months? Does anyone have some workout tips? Thanks.

Look up Recon Ron pull up program, or (my personal favorite) pyramid pull ups.

Thanks! I'll look into it!

No problem man stay motivated!

Personally the only way I seemed to get better at pull-ups was to just do more pull-ups. I've been recently doing them more with palms out so my numbers have been going up on the IST luckily.

You are correct the only way to be able to do more pull ups is to, well do more pull ups. But in order to achieve maximum results you must learn to decrease rest time between sets of pull ups (thus pyramids come to play) they really helped me when I was competing for the Marine Corps scholarship I went from 14 to 20 in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Ni View Post
    I have a question. As of right now, I'm only able to do about 7 pull-ups so I'm asking if its possible I'll be able to do 20 in 10 months? Does anyone have some workout tips? Thanks.
    Like some one already said the Recon Ron program is good. I went to home depot and bought two 4x4 posts, and a steel pipe and built my own pull up bar in my backyard with them. If you do that then do a max set every time you enter or leave your house and that will help you improve.

Lol yeah my pull up bar is a 2x4 screwed over my porch steps and the top is sanded down so it's rounded out.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Wow. That's incredible. Haze your recruiter for not teaching you. (J/k, don't haze him.)

Ok. It's simple. Lets assume there are 5 of you. The technique is for you 5 to line up behind one another in a straight formation and double-time, at just beyond a comforting pace. When the person in front sounds off, the person at the back will sprint as fast as he can until he's in front of the person who was previously leading. As soon as the person in the back gets to the front, the new last person (previously the second to last) will sprint to the front and then the NEW last person will sprint to the front. This continues for the entire course of the run. The more people, the better, because the distance from back to front is longer. It's easy at first, but when you're doing it with 7 or 8 people, for 3 miles (or even 2 miles) it's difficult, because the objective is to SPRINT to the front, hold a steady pace until it's your turn again and SPRINT to the front. Fun.

And it's far more moto, impressive, and fun when you're yelling Cadences at the top of your lungs while doing it.
    Our Indian Runs are killer. First of all, there are about 20 of us. We all are 18-23. We start off in formation and double time.

First pain, cadence! They better also be correct and they better be able to hear you or they add a mile. We usually start off with the IST route and work out way around the local neighborhood, which on a good day is about 3 miles.

Second pain, every time the last person is in the back again we stop and do crunches, monkey ****ers and push ups. If you even look like your going to stop then they double the amount. After, we take off in a 40 yard sprint to the airport welcome sign.

Third pain, the airport is about 6-8 miles (perimeter). We start off in formation until we hit a significant point where we stop and do various workouts. If you do not sound off, if you stop, if you complain, if you don't do everything with intensity and speed then we turn around and run all the way back to the previous stop point and turn around and run to the one where you got in trouble at. So far that's about 3 miles and you haven't even gotten to the second stop point.

Fourth pain, after all that we still have to perform pull ups and flex arm hang. You have to max out, no if and or butts about it.

Oh but wait did i mention every run you do is an Indian run?

Quote Originally Posted by dotKev View Post
    Took another IST today for some reason:

Pull-ups: 15
    Crunches: 101
    1.5 Run: 9:09 (It was a bit shorter than a mile and a half though)

PUMPED!
    Last IST before the pre-ship IST!

Pull-ups: 17
    Crunches: 98
    1.5 Run: 10:55 (it was definitely longer than 1.5 haha)

Two weeks from Monday and I'm finally out to MCRD.

I like the comment about running with no shirt on and it still being hard. LOL ! this poolee is happy to see that others agree that more clothes makes it HOT. The boys I run with always crack jokes because my I sweat so much and look like Im dying. i reply to them " have you ever ran in a sports bra...its sooooooo much hotter lol" I just really liked that comment. Cant wait to tell the boys !

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Ni View Post

Also check out armstrong pull up program. it got me doing 22-24 in a few months.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My RSS did our IST today. My scores were horrible :/

Pull-ups: 0
    Crunches: 54
    1.5 Run : 14:09 (Our recruiter said It was a little over 1.7, but still it's a horrible time.)

Ran an IST...

31 pull-ups
    112 crunches
    9:08 1.5 mile run

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Did my last IST yesterday.

Pullups-17
    Situps-103
    Run-10:42

My run time has been getting worse due to me having shin splints, they better go away soon i leave on the 29th. I am still running but not enough to improve right now, i just hope they dont get worse in RT.

Thread Information