Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 22
Create Post
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Both sides and front. Hold it for about 30 seconds each. You'll feel it a lot. Its turning me solid.

Went to the MOT (Moment of Truth) today.
    1.5 miles - 9:48
    Crunches - 116
    Pullups - 14...I was focused on making every one perfect form so I was really locking my arms out and just sitting at the bottom. Sergeant Major Boulds was watching us and I wanted to look good. Usually get around 17-18 but the poolee who had his arm in front of my legs was practically pulling on my ankles. WACK!

I ran first IST last Wednesday for my pre-swear in IST, my scores are in my signature. I run another one this Saturday at our poolee function and am hoping to improve at least a little.

What is the best way to impprove crunches. I want to be at 100 by the July IST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdjcs1ssy View Post
    I ran first IST last Wednesday for my pre-swear in IST, my scores are in my signature. I run another one this Saturday at our poolee function and am hoping to improve at least a little.

What is the best way to impprove crunches. I want to be at 100 by the July IST!!!
    Just look to improve core strength. I do a lot of planks, side and forward, for 30 seconds each about 3 times a day. Youll feel it immediately.

Also decided to try something new, doing 50-100 crunches for each hour you're awake, depending on what you're capable of.

Do as many crunches as you can in 3 minutes
    Then do as many in 2 minutes
    then do as many in 1 minute
    then 30 seconds

Do this every other day, results should skyrocket after 2-4 weeks

Check this out: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102863

It helped me get from 48 when my recruiter first tested me to 113 which is my personal best so far. It helps a lot and you will see results very quickly.

Thanks to all of yall that took the time to give me some advice I will do these things and let you know how I porgress.

Thanks to all of yall that took the time to give me some advice I will do these things and let you know how I porgress.
    Just keep at it, the more you do of something, the better you get at it.

1st IST(20110505)
    FAH: 32
    crunches:42
    Run:13:46
    Weight;126

2nd IST(20110526)
    FAH:72
    crunches:64
    Run:15:02
    Weight;132(gaining muscle and protein)

To be honest my biggest problem is running. I don't know how to breath properly when I'm running.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeDevoeUSMC View Post
    1st IST(20110505)
    FAH: 32
    crunches:42
    Run:13:46
    Weight;126

2nd IST(20110526)
    FAH:72
    crunches:64
    Run:15:02
    Weight;132(gaining muscle and protein)

To be honest my biggest problem is running. I don't know how to breath properly when I'm running.
    To improve the run there are two things you MUST do. High intensity training and distance training. Running 1.5 miles doesn't help a lot, try running 3-4 miles and just keep working on doing it faster each time and your 1.5 mile times will decrease rapidly. You also need to do sprints, I do them for a 2-3 mile distance I sprint two light poles jog two spint two, for the duration of the run.

I have been doing this and my time has decreased rapidly. Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dotKev View Post
    This month:

Pull-ups: 12
    Crunches: 89
    1.5 Run: 10:46 (we ran as with 4 man teams so it held some back)

3 months from tomorrow and I'm out to boot. Stay moto fellow poolees!
    I blame the lack of much progress to being sick for the last two weeks of May.. :P

Pull-ups: 13
    Crunches: 89
    1.5 Run: 9:45

One more pool function before I'm out to boot camp.

To improve the run there are two things you MUST do. High intensity training and distance training. Running 1.5 miles doesn't help a lot, try running 3-4 miles and just keep working on doing it faster each time and your 1.5 mile times will decrease rapidly. You also need to do sprints, I do them for a 2-3 mile distance I sprint two light poles jog two spint two, for the duration of the run.

I have been doing this and my time has decreased rapidly. Good Luck!!!
    yesterday at PT we ran 4 miles. I actually used this method. I raced my recruiter when I sprinted and we jogged two. Tomorrow we are all going to the beach to run 3 miles and workout. Wish Me Luck.

Hi everyone,

I am going to start posting my IST scores as a means to track my progress.

First IST (20110607)
    Pull-Ups: 9
    Crunches: 85
    1.5 Mile Run: 10:12
    3 Mile Run: Around 21:00

Quote Originally Posted by AZTony View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am going to start posting my IST scores as a means to track my progress.

First IST (20110607)
    Pull-Ups: 9
    Crunches: 85
    1.5 Mile Run: 10:12
    3 Mile Run: Around 21:00

They had you do a 3 mile for your IST? or did you just double your time and figure thats what it would come out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    They had you do a 3 mile for your IST? or did you just double your time and figure thats what it would come out to be?
    No the 1.5 Mile was for the IST I took with my Poolee group and the 3 mile I took at a high school track and had my friend time me. So it was on a seperate occasion. I just can't remember the exact time off the top of my head I just know it was around 21:00 give or take 10 seconds.

Thread Information