Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 21
Create Post
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    IST update from the Warrior Challenge at Fort Indiantown Gap, (which was so fun):
    Pull ups: 25
    Crunches: 123
    1.5 Run: 9:30
    I set all of my personal bests today, but trying to get my run time down even more! My previous PR was 10:19.

Ran another IST...
    Pull ups: 27
    Crunches: 123
    1.5 mile run: 9:16

So i had a Pool Function last Saturday, that i missed, but showed up and went back to the office to record my pullups and situps. Didnt clock my run time until Wednesday.

Pullups- 9
    Crunches- 105
    1.5 Mile- 11:55

My best run time since i joined. I came from a 17 minute+ time. I knew my crunches would improve but my run time is amazing. Slowly but surely improved.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Latest, dont really recall first since it was in Dec.
    1.5 - 1130
    Crunches - 130
    Pullups - 16

Run time should improve and has been much better, ran this with some pulled muscles in left calf.

I ran another IST Saturday at a pool function. My run time is finaling improving.

Run - 12:28
    Pullups - 23
    Crunches - 106

Poolee Bluford reporting as ordered.
    Last IST:
    1.5 mile run - 9:35
    18 pull ups
    110 crunches.

That was a mandatory saturday workout and there were about 50 poolees there and that was good enough for best in pull ups and crunches and I got beat by one other dude for the run. 8 miles is a loonnggggg way i gotta work up to that. Most I'll run is 3 right now and I do that in 20 min. Any tips for increasing running distance? I'm a work out fiend so I will definitely use them. Got my Moment of Truth this saturday so I'm gonna be real motivated then.
    P.S. Everybody is getting 100 crunches way to go! Only like 5 people did that on saturday.

Last IST:
    pullups- 22
    cruches- 186
    1.5 mile- 9:11

I'm noticing a buch of people getting way over 100 crunches which is great, but I am wondering if ya'll are doing that in under 2 minutes. At the RS North Charleston we have to do as many as we can in under 2 minutes, with our arms crossed and touch our elbows to our thighs. I find it hard to believe someone could do 186 crunches in 120 seconds.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Best IST score I've gotten
    Pullups: 20
    Crunches: 157
    1.5 mile run: 9:20

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktown1775 View Post
    I'm noticing a buch of people getting way over 100 crunches which is great, but I am wondering if ya'll are doing that in under 2 minutes. At the RS North Charleston we have to do as many as we can in under 2 minutes, with our arms crossed and touch our elbows to our thighs. I find it hard to believe someone could do 186 crunches in 120 seconds.
    A Marine broke the record and landed 260 crunches in two minutes. With the right motivation and mind set, you can accomplish the impossible.

Last edited by PooleeGewarges; 05-18-11 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Im sure no one believes half of this thread's post lol...

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honcho1010 View Post
    Im sure no one believes half of this thread's post lol...
    Why would people lie about their IST stats? Are they trying to prove something? I really don't think that many lie here though or lie at all.

First IST (20110514)

Pull-ups: 2
    Sit-ups: 51
    1.5 mi run: 12:40
    Weight: 184 lbs

You'll get there man. Do some planks to work on core strength. It will improve all your scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Honcho1010 View Post
    You'll get there man. Do some planks to work on core strength. It will improve all your scores.
    will do thanks for the advice =)

Now do you suggest double arm planks, or single arm, or a good mix of both?

I've already seen much improvement since I started PT with the other poolees at RSS Greenville. (They hold a PT session 3 times a week and I attend 2 as durring the other one I'm at Pre-Marital Counciling class at my church with my fiancee). When I first DEPed in, I could only do 1 pull up, around 40 situps, and I'm sure my run time was horrible, as I would stop to catch some sort of breath only after about .5 mi. We just did a 4-5 mi run last week and I'm proud to say that I made that run without stopping.

Lots of improvement to go, I know, but will get there.

Thread Information