Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post
    Care to elaborate on the indian run?

Wow. That's incredible. Haze your recruiter for not teaching you. (J/k, don't haze him.)

Ok. It's simple. Lets assume there are 5 of you. The technique is for you 5 to line up behind one another in a straight formation and double-time, at just beyond a comforting pace. When the person in front sounds off, the person at the back will sprint as fast as he can until he's in front of the person who was previously leading. As soon as the person in the back gets to the front, the new last person (previously the second to last) will sprint to the front and then the NEW last person will sprint to the front. This continues for the entire course of the run. The more people, the better, because the distance from back to front is longer. It's easy at first, but when you're doing it with 7 or 8 people, for 3 miles (or even 2 miles) it's difficult, because the objective is to SPRINT to the front, hold a steady pace until it's your turn again and SPRINT to the front. Fun.

And it's far more moto, impressive, and fun when you're yelling Cadences at the top of your lungs while doing it.

Wow that does sound pretty cool. For our RSS pt we generally have 20 or so people, and most are pussies, so that's prolly why we haven't done it

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post
    Wow that does sound pretty cool. For our RSS pt we generally have 20 or so people, and most are pussies, so that's prolly why we haven't done it
    20 is more then enough for an indian run, we usually do it with 8 or so. I wish we could do it with 20. Poolees with no balls irritate me, they slow the RSS down and keep us from doing the really fun activities. Still, I suppose they deserve a chance to improve and better themselves as well.

And way...lets NOT derail this thread like all the others. lol. The next post should be some poolee posting their IST/PFT scores.

We did indian runs where we split our poolees into different groups based on run speed, and then had 2 columns with about 6-8 guys in each and then we would do them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    20 is more then enough for an indian run, we usually do it with 8 or so. I wish we could do it with 20. Poolees with no balls irritate me, they slow the RSS down and keep us from doing the really fun activities. Still, I suppose they deserve a chance to improve and better themselves as well.

And way...lets NOT derail this thread like all the others. lol. The next post should be some poolee posting their IST/PFT scores.

Well, only since you insist. =p

First IST (July 23)

Pullups- 4
    Run- 12:27
    Crunches- 76

Most recent IST (September 23)
    Pullups- 6
    Run- 10:47
    Crunches- 85

Having some difficulty with the pullups there, which is especially important to me since my recruiter has a deal with me that he'll give me my 03** contract only if I prove to him I have what it takes by getting my scores up more. (Run time and Cruches are good now, but he wants me at about 13 pullups).

Crunches have been a breeze for me. I'm close to 100 now, and I hardly ever even work on them, yet I keep improving on them every IST I do.

Running is going ok, other than the fact that after I do any sprinting, I feel shin splints coming on (I'm using shin splints as a general term for lower ankle pain). Running hurts no matter what, but I've learned to enjoy the challenge somewhat. If I don't feel like puking in the last stretch of the run, I figure I haven't pushed myself hard enough.

-Poolee Pike

My current IST scores are on my sig, so can i post about the indian runs?? haha. i just wanted to add another type of indian run we do at our RSS. It makes a 3 mile indian run look like a walk in the park.

In this type of run, we take a 35lb ammo can and pass it down the line, from front to back. When the can reaches the back, that is when the man sprints to the front and the can is once again passed back. As if adding another 35 pounds isnt challenging enough, the run is intensified by our Sergeant calling "Last man down" at random, but usually once a minute or so. When this is called, the poolee (or poolees in process of passing) with the ammo can must drop down and do 20 push ups while everyone else continues running. When the Poolee or Poolees doing push ups finish their set, they have to catch all the way back up to the front of the line with the ammo can and the cycle continues.

When we indian run, we scream a war cry at the top of our lungs when you sprint. We did it at our pool function last Saturday. We went for a hike, and bystanders thought someone was being murdered out in the forest lol

Quote Originally Posted by ADRobold View Post
    In this type of run, we take a 35lb ammo can and pass it down the line, from front to back. When the can reaches the back, that is when the man sprints to the front and the can is once again passed back. As if adding another 35 pounds isnt challenging enough, the run is intensified by our Sergeant calling "Last man down" at random, but usually once a minute or so. When this is called, the poolee (or poolees in process of passing) with the ammo can must drop down and do 20 push ups while everyone else continues running. When the Poolee or Poolees doing push ups finish their set, they have to catch all the way back up to the front of the line with the ammo can and the cycle continues.
    I can dig it.

My current IST scores are on my sig, so can i post about the indian runs?? haha. i just wanted to add another type of indian run we do at our RSS. It makes a 3 mile indian run look like a walk in the park.
    Well, the point of the thread is to keep track of your improvement - I assume you update your sig every time you do a new IST, so there's no way we could see your progress unless you post it.

Damn, talk about Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body. You can be absolutely positive about me stealing that for our RSS. I've only got about a month before boot, but that sounds intense! That's a great way to build biceps and work your stamina, and cardio at the same time. Well, I still think my RSS can one-up you because on certain saturdays after the Indian Run, and saturday IST we PT some more. There's not even a name for what we did once. It was...ok..there were 4 posts...like..4 poles. We'd all line up, and run to the first pole, drop and do 10 push-ups, when the first poolee got up and run to the second post to do 10 crunches, the second poolee would run to the first post, while the first poolee would get up, run to the 3rd pole and do 10 monkey-fu*kers and then run to the last pole, which was the killer..we'd do 10 Dive-bombers. Imagine doing 5 or 10 sets of those after everything else.

Oh, and after we'd do the dive-bombers (toughest PT ever, in my opinion) we'd have to sprint to the far wall, and then sprint all the way back to the first pole.

Oh i see, well in that case, my first IST my scores were as follows:

Pull ups-5
    Crunches-40
    run:-11:50

And Scarsniper, I just realized we have the same ship date, Although ill be a Hollywood and i'm assuming you'll be on the Island.
    As far as one-upping goes... let me tell you about what we did last night.. oh boy.

Have you heard of the deck of cards workout? if not..heres how it works.
    You take a Deck of cards, and designate an exercise for each type of card. You then shuffle the cards, and flip them one at a time and do the number of reps according to the number on the card. Aces are 15, royalty is 10, and obviously the face cards are the number on the card..

Now this exercise wouldn't be so bad if you interchanged the type of exercise, but last night it was all upper body. Hearts were inclined push ups, Diamonds were diamond push ups, spades were dive bombers, and clovers were wide push ups. The two Jokers were 50 scuba steves, 3 count. We completed the whole deck with no breaks.

When you add it all up, it comes out to 100 of each type.....and extreme muscle failure. haha

Oh i see, well in that case, my first IST my scores were as follows:

Pull ups-5
    Crunches-40
    run:-11:50

And Scarsniper, I just realized we have the same ship date, Although ill be a Hollywood and i'm assuming you'll be on the Island.
    As far as one-upping goes... let me tell you about what we did last night.. oh boy.

Have you heard of the deck of cards workout? if not..heres how it works.
    You take a Deck of cards, and designate an exercise for each type of card. You then shuffle the cards, and flip them one at a time and do the number of reps according to the number on the card. Aces are 15, royalty is 10, and obviously the face cards are the number on the card..

Now this exercise wouldn't be so bad if you interchanged the type of exercise, but last night it was all upper body. Hearts were inclined push ups, Diamonds were diamond push ups, spades were dive bombers, and clovers were wide push ups. The two Jokers were 50 scuba steves, 3 count. We completed the whole deck with no breaks.

When you add it all up, it comes out to 100 of each type.....and extreme muscle failure. haha
    What's a Scuba-Steve? I know about the Deck of cards work out. Good PT. I'd one-up, but you'd one-up me right back, so lets just say we're both Studs and motivated lowly poolees, with a lower-case p. lol. Explain the Scuba-steve and then lets leave this thread for people who want to post their IST scores. And that's cool, same ship-date. I'm an Island boy though, you're Hollywood. ;P

Its basically where you get down on your stomach and make the motion of swimming swinging your arms and legs out and keeping them about 6 inches off the ground. Its probably got some other commonly used name but our Sergeant just calls em' scuba steves.

haha yes i agree. We all love pt and thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    You do more than 100 crunches because you will get thrashed at boot camp if you stop.

Makes scence. We get thrashed for trying to show off when we do more then 100 lol. And to Pattchan, the "bare minimum" is 50. 100 is perfect. I do agree that it should be more then 100 though. Im sure its like that for easier grading on the PFT.

First IST:
    10 pull ups
    77 crunches
    10:36 1.5 mile

Current IST:
    19 pull ups
    105 crunches
    8:51 1.5 mile

I still have a long way to go before Im where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PARKER93 View Post
    First IST:
    10 pull ups
    77 crunches
    10:36 1.5 mile

Current IST:
    19 pull ups
    105 crunches
    8:51 1.5 mile

I still have a long way to go before Im where I want to be.
    big improvement though. keep at it.

Thread Information