Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 17
Create Post
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ajvigs View Post
    Had my final IST before I ship in 3 weeks yesterday. IDK what happened but I ran a 9:37 mile and a half, 10 pullups, and my usual 100 crunches. I weighed in at 202 though (i had a bit to drink the night before which I shouldnt have done) but still I dont think I have ever run that d*** fast.
    Good job man I take mine this sat. I'm excited man especially since we gonna be buddies at bootcamp May 9th is when our journey begins!

First IST 3 Weeks ago

1.5 Mile - 12:47
    Crunches - 82
    Pullups - 5

Quote Originally Posted by Redmond18 View Post
    First IST 3 Weeks ago

1.5 Mile - 12:47
    Crunches - 82
    Pullups - 5
    Good job, you did alot better than my first IST.

Make sure your working out on your own along with going to PT at your recruiters, you will see your results greatly improve within a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ajvigs View Post
    Had my final IST before I ship in 3 weeks yesterday. IDK what happened but I ran a 9:37 mile and a half, 10 pullups, and my usual 100 crunches. I weighed in at 202 though (i had a bit to drink the night before which I shouldnt have done) but still I dont think I have ever run that d*** fast.
    Nice man. i'm sure validation has a great atmosphere. Everyone is pushing for their best time to impress the Marine spectators.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    Pullups: 24 ( I did 29 the other day though)
    Crunches: 50 :/
    1.5 mile: 10:42
    dude we leave the same date for boot camp

the first ist i did after i swore in which was in june 2010 if i can remember correctly was 1.5 mile run-10:00 pull ups-15 crunches 110 i think thats about right but it has been a while so it might be a little off. my most recent ist was 1.5 mile run-9:42 pull ups-19 crunches-138

Got my 1.5 mile below 13 minutes. It was after sun down so not much heat.

Current

Pull-Ups: 21
    Crunches: 58
    1.5 Mile: 11:10

Why do you guys suck so bad with crunches? haha. Only people i know with anything less than 60 in 2 minutes are those with a guy..

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Honcho1010 View Post
    Why do you guys suck so bad with crunches? haha. Only people i know with anything less than 60 in 2 minutes are those with a guy..
    LOL I dont even know why I sucked so bad last month, I did almost 70 last IST. I have a 6 pack too haha

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Batbomb9 View Post
    dude we leave the same date for boot camp
    Awsome man, Ill see you there!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's all about breathing. Just control your breath so you can knock more out. I have a little gut and I push 90+

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    LOL I dont even know why I sucked so bad last month, I did almost 70 last IST. I have a 6 pack too haha
    im pushing out 86 and i have nothing haha. I'm putting on weight though instead of losing it so thats a reason.

What number do you guys get to before blowing out?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well this time, I could have done more if we hadnt of had to do them on an incline, the guy who was my partner was downhill and he did 109.. But thats still no excuse for 50 and Im gonna make an improvement next month OORAH

and this is off topic but my right leg has been killing me. Its like a radiating pain throughout the entire fibula and its almost unbearable after a run but not during

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Honcho1010 View Post
    im pushing out 86 and i have nothing haha. I'm putting on weight though instead of losing it so thats a reason.

What number do you guys get to before blowing out?
    I get to around 84ish when I blow out but usually have like 30seconds to go..

As far as the leg deal are you sure it's not your shins? Shin splints are a major problem with beginner runners.. Bad form, bad shoes or just the fact your aren't used to running on hard surfaces.. The only way to cure it is rest and anti inflammatory meds. However rest will do the job and just take it a little easier on the runs and work up to the hard stuff .

Thread Information