Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 18
Create Post
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    Current

Pull-Ups: 21
    Crunches: 58
    1.5 Mile: 11:10

How the HELL do you achieve 21 pull ups, but you only manage 58 crunches?!

I'm not targeting you man, but I see this a lot on here: Poolees who can do massive amounts of pull ups but perform the crunches like a 6th grade girl. It just doesn't add up, especially because a proper pull up will work your abdominals almost as much a a freaking crunch! Unless your head is made of solid lead, your crunches should be through the roof if you can do over 15 pull ups. I'm just sayin...

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desm20110516 View Post
    How the HELL do you achieve 21 pull ups, but you only manage 58 crunches?!

I'm not targeting you man, but I see this a lot on here: Poolees who can do massive amounts of pull ups but perform the crunches like a 6th grade girl. It just doesn't add up, especially because a proper pull up will work your abdominals almost as much a a freaking crunch! Unless your head is made of solid lead, your crunches should be through the roof if you can do over 15 pull ups. I'm just sayin...
    There are poolees like that also at my station. Some poolees need to work on there ab endurance. It is all about endurance too, I mean when you want to go really fast and knock out those crunches. Sometimes I can go non stop til 100 with no breaks, but some days my endurance kills and I stop at 80 before going at it again.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    I get to around 84ish when I blow out but usually have like 30seconds to go..

As far as the leg deal are you sure it's not your shins? Shin splints are a major problem with beginner runners.. Bad form, bad shoes or just the fact your aren't used to running on hard surfaces.. The only way to cure it is rest and anti inflammatory meds. However rest will do the job and just take it a little easier on the runs and work up to the hard stuff .
    Yes I have mild shin splints but the pain is worse the ouside of my leg not the shin

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGewarges View Post
    There are poolees like that also at my station. Some poolees need to work on there ab endurance. It is all about endurance too, I mean when you want to go really fast and knock out those crunches. Sometimes I can go non stop til 100 with no breaks, but some days my endurance kills and I stop at 80 before going at it again.
    Not in mine those that do 15+ pull ups do 85+crunches

I wont make accusations, but it does make one wonder. I mean it's quite frankly embarrassing that I can only do 7 pull ups, but I don't lie about it. I'm 6' tall and my arms are 6' across and about as big around as a Gatorade bottle... it's no surprise that I can't do many. lol But because I'm thin and lithe, running improvements come quick and I can do probably 150 crunches before I crap out (in about 3 mins).

We all have our strengths, but I am amazed that people who have so much upper-body strength can only do so few crunches. It really is dichotomous.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Desm20110516 View Post
    I wont make accusations, but it does make one wonder. I mean it's quite frankly embarrassing that I can only do 7 pull ups, but I don't lie about it.
    I hope you dont think im lying, because ill upload a video of me doing 30 pullups

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    I hope you dont think im lying, because ill upload a video of me doing 30 pullups
    Hey man, whatever floats your boat. Though, I did say that I wasn't accusing anyone; that includes you.

I have seen guys do thirty, but I have never seen anyone who does anything near thirty do fewer than perfect (100) on the crunches. It seems to be a phenomenon that occurs strictly in this forum. ||SHRUG||

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    well if i was going to lie, i would lie about cruches and running too not just pullups

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    I get to around 84ish when I blow out but usually have like 30seconds to go..

As far as the leg deal are you sure it's not your shins? Shin splints are a major problem with beginner runners.. Bad form, bad shoes or just the fact your aren't used to running on hard surfaces.. The only way to cure it is rest and anti inflammatory meds. However rest will do the job and just take it a little easier on the runs and work up to the hard stuff .
    I know its shin splints man. It runs in my family. Yea, i ease up on the running when i feel them settling in.

I guess ill go ahead and say "We don't believe you, you need more people". Pull ups are core strength as said before so it doesn't logically make sense that you can do 30 pull ups and only so few crunches. What could you possibly feel during those crunches that you dont during pull ups?

Honcha says it right man.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Ok, you guys are just silly.

One poolee at my station can nail 20 pullups, but only 62 crunches. **** happens, you may be strong in one field, but not in another. If you have nothing to say to help the person out on their IST then don't say anything. We are poolees here trying to moto each other and give tips and such not claim who is lying about their stats which I doubt many people do here.

Last edited by PooleeGewarges; 04-20-11 at 08:26 PM. Reason: wrong prhasing.

Sadly, Gewarges is right. We sound like *******s. My apologies man.

Honcho says it right man.

lol

Current IST

Pull-ups: 15
    Crunches: 130
    1.5 mile: 10:32

Thread Information