Poolee IST/PFT Stats
Create Post
Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Poolee IST/PFT Stats

I noticed a new poolee revived an old thread about IST scores, and I just thought it would be a neat idea to get a thread going on what current poolees' first IST stats were like compared to their most recent IST (or PFT) scores. That way everybody has a place to keep track, gauge progress, or just to attain bragging rights. I think it will encourage some of our fellow poolees who are afraid of not seeing improvement before they ship - I know I was one of them, but as the days pass by I feel myself becoming much more confident in my physical ability. Anyway...

I'll go first.

First IST (20100708)

1.5 Mile Run: 13:35
    Crunches: 22
    Flexed-Arm Hang: 00:24

Last IST (20100930)
    1.5 Mile Run: 12:24
    Crunches: 54
    Flexed-Arm Hang: 00:45
    (+1 pull-up!)

I'll be helping a wannabe out tomorrow by running an IST with them, so I'll let you know if how my stats come out. It's only been about 4 days, but maybe there'll be a nice jump in numbers. And now that I've got 20 more days until I ship, I intend on attempting to max my crunches, add about 10 seconds to my hang, and hopefully scrape another 30 or so seconds off of my mile and half.

Guess I'm up next!

First IST (A While Ago)
    Pull-ups: 2
    Crunches: 35
    1.5 Run: 11:14

Latest IST (20100910)
    Pull-ups: 6 (They made us all stop at 6, I can do about 18)
    Crunches:153 (The dude who was holding my legs was full of crap too, took away like 30 of mine, saying I did them wrong. My Ssgt later said my form was perfect. Smh. Haters.)
    1.5 Run: 9:01

First entering the DEP:
    Pullups: 6
    Crunches: 74
    3 mile: 24:36

Current:
    Pullups: 17
    Crunches: 125
    3 mile: 21:36 (last time I timed myself which was 2 months ago)

First IST:

Pull ups: 0
    run: 18+ minutes (mile and a half)
    crunches: 60

Last IST:

pull ups: 11
    run: 12:47 (sucks I know, didn't drink enough water that day)
    crunches: 93

i'm lucky they let me enlist with that first IST lol.

First IST:

Pull-ups:less than zero
    Run:14+ (1.5 miles)
    Crunches:57
    Weight:240lbs

Last IST:

Pull-ups:7
    Run: 10:42
    Crunches: 132
    Weight:200lbs(was 190 but slacked for a while)

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    20100701:

Pullups: 14
    Crunches: 112
    1.5mi run:18+ mins(walked the last 2 laps. first time i realized smoking was bad for you.)
    Weight:122

20101029:

Pullups: 23
    Crunches: 155
    1.5mi run: 11:40
    Weight:134

First:

Run: 12:37

Sit ups: 50

Pull ups: 5

Current:

Run: 10:02

Sit ups: 100

Pull ups: 14

O, and why does everybody try to do more then 100 sit ups? They dont count over 100 so why didn't you just stop?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BassPro0007 View Post
    First:

Current:

O, and why does everybody try to do more then 100 sit ups? They dont count over 100 so why didn't you just stop?
    Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
    No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.

First IST in June
    Pullup- 18
    Crunch- 80
    1.5 run- 8:57

Pre-ship IST for command
    Pullup-20
    Crunch-100
    1.5- 9:03

It's weird to see my run times fluctuate so much. I guess it really depends on how your feeling that day, what you ate, hydrated, etc.

Last edited by Zumbii; 10-05-10 at 11:58 AM. Reason: blah

Quote Originally Posted by BassPro0007 View Post
    First:

Current:

Are you satisfied with just the bare minimum?
    100 crunches is the easiest thing ever. In this poolees opinion they should change it to 150 for first class score.

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    First IST:

Pull-ups:less than zero
    Run:14+ (1.5 miles)
    Crunches:57
    Weight:240lbs

Last IST:

Pull-ups:7
    Run: 10:42
    Crunches: 132
    Weight:200lbs(was 190 but slacked for a while)
    lol. Less then Zero.

And Zumbii, you're right, man, it's all about how you feel and your level of determination on the given day of your run. Of course, doing 8 miles every other night does tend to help you increase speed exponentially. lol. I'm going to keep bring up the fact that I run 8 miles every other night until you poolees catch on and do the same thing. It helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    lol. Less then Zero.

And Zumbii, you're right, man, it's all about how you feel and your level of determination on the given day of your run. Of course, doing 8 miles every other night does tend to help you increase speed exponentially. lol. I'm going to keep bring up the fact that I run 8 miles every other night until you poolees catch on and do the same thing. It helps.
    I ran 10 miles from my house to my recruiting office, in combat boots and a 40lb pack.
    It is the farthest I've ran in my life, and the blisters were something horrible.
    But that is what I was referring to, for those who do run and run often, you would think your times would go down significantly, but there are too many other factors that weigh in on a good run time.

Edit* also the best way to "drop" your time, is to do a long distance run at just above a comfortable pace (push yourself). Then the next day to sprints, and sprint damn hard. Variety is key.

Last edited by Zumbii; 10-05-10 at 12:27 PM. Reason: poo

You do more than 100 crunches because you will get thrashed at boot camp if you stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumbii View Post
    I ran 10 miles from my house to my recruiting office, in combat boots and a 40lb pack.
    It is the farthest I've ran in my life, and the blisters were something horrible.
    But that is what I was referring to, for those who do run and run often, you would think your times would go down significantly, but there are too many other factors that weigh in on a good run time.

Edit* also the best way to "drop" your time, is to do a long distance run at just above a comfortable pace (push yourself). Then the next day to sprints, and sprint damn hard. Variety is key.
    Yeah man, that's intense. But still, you've got to run where I run, and you'll see that even without a shirt, in fair weather, that 8 miles I run is a rough one. That's moto though, 40lb pack. Nice. I get what you're saying though, I feel demotivated everytime my run randomly drops, but all it does is enrage me and push me to run harder. And I agree with your Edit* comfortable paces will get you nowhere slowly. I encourage employing the Indian Run for those trying to increase speed and maintain a steady pace. It's fun, moto, and you see improvements, given you do it with 5 people or more.

Care to elaborate on the indian run?

Thread Information