Poolee IST/PFT Stats - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 534
  1. #46
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clarkston
    Posts
    64
    Credits
    101
    Savings
    0
    scorpions are basically cock-ups
    chinese situps is like situp then go stand up i think


  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by pattchan View Post
    scorpions are basically cock-ups
    chinese situps is like situp then go stand up i think
    Yeah, basically a "Chinese Situp" starts in the normal situp position, with someone holding your feet the Marine Corps way, although, they should have a tighter hold around your legs so you have a little more leverage coming up. You start your crunch, but instead of coming down after making it to the up-position, you thrust your hips forward and stand. Then you come back down. That is one rep of a Chinese Situp.

    There was a video of it on YouTube with some Marines doing them during MCMAP training, but I can't seem to find it now...


  3. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    Yeah, basically a "Chinese Situp" starts in the normal situp position, with someone holding your feet the Marine Corps way, although, they should have a tighter hold around your legs so you have a little more leverage coming up. You start your crunch, but instead of coming down after making it to the up-position, you thrust your hips forward and stand. Then you come back down. That is one rep of a Chinese Situp.

    There was a video of it on YouTube with some Marines doing them during MCMAP training, but I can't seem to find it now...
    Sounds intense. I think I'll suggest that we incorporate that exercise in our PT routine..


  4. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by LaForestLK View Post
    Sounds intense. I think I'll suggest that we incorporate that exercise in our PT routine..
    Oh, so just like that, right Ms? Steal my idea AND my phrases, hmm? Incorporate that exercise in our PT? And you don't even offer to buy me a drink? (I know. I'm shameless. And you're probably like "What the heck is he talking about?" I used that same phrase a few posts back..with the same idea. )

    Really though, they're not that intense...after 25 Mountain Climbers (Marine count) 25 Dive-bombers (M.Count) 25 Chicken-wings and other stuff, a sergeant from my RS made us do 25 Chinese sit-ups and I hardly broke a sweat. Easy.

    .

    Rough Hands. I got her down to 10 minutes by running with her every day, and pushing her to run and keep up with me until her heart was literally bulging out of her chest like a lovesick cartoon character, then I had her doing sets of lunges with 15 lbs back and forth until I got bored watching her. On her run, with me yelling in her ears and "motivating" her, she just kept running and even when she was tired, dehydrated and irritated(she hardly complained) she finished the run. Like I said however, having a dancer's legs helped...and when she slowed down, it would vex me and I'd go behind her and literally push her, which would force her to either move her legs fast enough to keep up with the speed I was pushing her body, or fall and have me "accidentally" trample over her before helping her up. She chose the former, and got better faster, and got faster quicker.


  5. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Oh, so just like that, right Ms? Steal my idea AND my phrases, hmm? Incorporate that exercise in our PT? And you don't even offer to buy me a drink? (I know. I'm shameless. And you're probably like "What the heck is he talking about?" I used that same phrase a few posts back..with the same idea. )

    Really though, they're not that intense...after 25 Mountain Climbers (Marine count) 25 Dive-bombers (M.Count) 25 Chicken-wings and other stuff, a sergeant from my RS made us do 25 Chinese sit-ups and I hardly broke a sweat. Easy.

    .

    Rough Hands. I got her down to 10 minutes by running with her every day, and pushing her to run and keep up with me until her heart was literally bulging out of her chest like a lovesick cartoon character, then I had her doing sets of lunges with 15 lbs back and forth until I got bored watching her. On her run, with me yelling in her ears and "motivating" her, she just kept running and even when she was tired, dehydrated and irritated(she hardly complained) she finished the run. Like I said however, having a dancer's legs helped...and when she slowed down, it would vex me and I'd go behind her and literally push her, which would force her to either move her legs fast enough to keep up with the speed I was pushing her body, or fall and have me "accidentally" trample over her before helping her up. She chose the former, and got better faster, and got faster quicker.
    Well maybe you're just a beast, Scar :P . With a name like that I'd believe it..Puts my mind on the Lion King, hahaha. And nope, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm so lost haha.


  6. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by LaForestLK View Post
    Well maybe you're just a beast, Scar :P . With a name like that I'd believe it..Puts my mind on the Lion King, hahaha. And nope, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm so lost haha.
    NVM then. A Beast? Yes, I am pretty Beastly with the PT (and modest too, as you can see) but really it's all determination, dedication, motivation and the urge to erase all competition from the surface of the earth. As far as I'm concerned, in my mind, I'm my own planet and anyone else is a satellite, revolving around me and gravitating towards my atmosphere trying to get a glimpse of a star. It sounds selfish, but not really, Marine Corps is all about brother and sisterhood and I'm all for that, but you also have to have that self-determination and survival instinct and competitive streak that surges you ahead of the rest and pushes you to be the best. For my potential MOS that's where my head is at. But no, I wouldn't push my brother off a cliff....and I'm more of a solitary Tiger then a prideful lion.

    Anyway..they're easy. Try 'em. (Chinese sit-ups)


  7. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    NVM then. A Beast? Yes, I am pretty Beastly with the PT (and modest too, as you can see) but really it's all determination, dedication, motivation and the urge to erase all competition from the surface of the earth. As far as I'm concerned, in my mind, I'm my own planet and anyone else is a satellite, revolving around me and gravitating towards my atmosphere trying to get a glimpse of a star. It sounds selfish, but not really, Marine Corps is all about brother and sisterhood and I'm all for that, but you also have to have that self-determination and survival instinct and competitive streak that surges you ahead of the rest and pushes you to be the best. For my potential MOS that's where my head is at. But no, I wouldn't push my brother off a cliff....and I'm more of a solitary Tiger then a prideful lion.

    Anyway..they're easy. Try 'em. (Chinese sit-ups)
    Well-said.. No, I get what you totally mean. . I'm a very family-oriented person too, so I'm real big on the camaraderie thing that the Marines have going on. . But I'm really competitive too, and regardless of if other people think I did good, if I don't feel like I did enough, I'm going to be ****ed off at myself and I go home and drill and drill and drill myself until I get it down and I know I'm gonna master it. Hahahaha..I wouldn't push my brothers off the cliff either. What is your potential MOS?


  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by LaForestLK View Post
    Well-said.. No, I get what you totally mean. . I'm a very family-oriented person too, so I'm real big on the camaraderie thing that the Marines have going on. . But I'm really competitive too, and regardless of if other people think I did good, if I don't feel like I did enough, I'm going to be ****ed off at myself and I go home and drill and drill and drill myself until I get it down and I know I'm gonna master it. Hahahaha..I wouldn't push my brothers off the cliff either. What is your potential MOS?
    My current MOS is 03xx (hopefully 11) ...my potential MOS (depending on how I fair at Boot, my rifle qual. ect.) is 0317- Scout/Sniper. Potential because if I work hard enough and obliterate doubts, I can potentially be a Scout-Sniper, not because I have the potential to be one right now. I have to earn it.


  9. #54
    I just realized that this thread could also incorporate CFT scores, but it doesn't sound like many RSS' perform CFT's all that often. If you've ran one though, feel free to post your stats.

    I've done a fireman's carry and ammo can lifts, but I haven't done a full CFT yet.


  10. #55
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bryceville
    Posts
    13
    Credits
    22
    Savings
    0
    I have only done one IST.


  11. #56
    First IST
    1.5 Mile Run: 11:24
    Crunches: 36
    Pullups: 11

    Last IST
    1.5 Mile Run: 11:46
    Crunches: 96
    Pullups: 16


  12. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew09 View Post
    First IST
    1.5 Mile Run: 11:24
    Crunches: 36
    Pullups: 11

    Last IST
    1.5 Mile Run: 11:46
    Crunches: 96
    Pullups: 16
    About how much time lapsed between these ISTs? You really improved on your crunches.


  13. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    About how much time lapsed between these ISTs? You really improved on your crunches.
    8 months.


  14. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew09 View Post
    8 months.
    Good to go.


  15. #60
    Really though, they're not that intense...after 25 Mountain Climbers (Marine count) 25 Dive-bombers (M.Count) 25 Chicken-wings and other stuff, a sergeant from my RS made us do 25 Chinese sit-ups and I hardly broke a sweat. Easy.

    What are Dive-bombers and Chicken-Wings?....Never heard of them before.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts