Softees in the Marine Corps
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Softees in the Marine Corps

So let's go back to August of this year. When I was getting processed at MEPS San Diego (live like a mile away from it, thank god ) we all had to line up at the liason office to get our sticker tags, give em our brown folders, all that jazz. peeing in a cup, duckwalking, and eating a "sandwich" later, I find myself outside the liasons office and some of the Marines (don't know if they were recruiters because they weren't the regular guys I had seen before) are conducting ISTs (of sorts). Enter this kid named Joseph. I am told to hold this kids feet so he can do crunches. I obviously didn't protest. But this kid... wish I could say the same. Because when it came to time for him to hold my feet, he was doing a **** poor job doing it. I routinely had to put my rear back on the deck because he was squirmy. So this Marine tells him to "hold him like you got a pair" and this kid says "dude, don't yell at me... not cool".... and this Marine does not like this... not one bit . He pulls the kid off the deck, rips his nametag off his chest, swings the door open and hauls him over to the Navy office, and told him (I heard this because he screamed it) "when you decide to be a man, you can serve in my Corps, until then stay the **** away". I mean honestly, if this kid can't handle being instructed to do something properly, he probably wouldn't make it past receiving week. Just wanted to share this amusing story.Share your thoughts as well.

Thanks.

wow what an idiot

WoW are you kidding me?!

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    So let's go back to August of this year. When I was getting processed at MEPS San Diego (live like a mile away from it, thank god ) we all had to line up at the liason office to get our sticker tags, give em our brown folders, all that jazz. peeing in a cup, duckwalking, and eating a "sandwich" later, I find myself outside the liasons office and some of the Marines (don't know if they were recruiters because they weren't the regular guys I had seen before) are conducting ISTs (of sorts). Enter this kid named Joseph. I am told to hold this kids feet so he can do crunches. I obviously didn't protest. But this kid... wish I could say the same. Because when it came to time for him to hold my feet, he was doing a **** poor job doing it. I routinely had to put my rear back on the deck because he was squirmy. So this Marine tells him to "hold him like you got a pair" and this kid says "dude, don't yell at me... not cool".... and this Marine does not like this... not one bit . He pulls the kid off the deck, rips his nametag off his chest, swings the door open and hauls him over to the Navy office, and told him (I heard this because he screamed it) "when you decide to be a man, you can serve in my Corps, until then stay the **** away". I mean honestly, if this kid can't handle being instructed to do something properly, he probably wouldn't make it past receiving week. Just wanted to share this amusing story.Share your thoughts as well.

Thanks.
    Man, if MEPS allowed cameras and you could have recorded that, that literally would be the most motivating thing I've ever seen. Did the kid ever come back on over to the Men's Department?

But seriously, that sounds out-****!ng-standing.

I just love the fact he sent him to the Navy Office.

Wow, I love how he threw in a "not cool." at the end lol.

HAHAHA wow... I can just imagine some kid saying that to some buff war hardened Marine. and the Marine dragging him over to the Navy office... that would have been priceless to see, though I wouldnt dare start laughing lol.

Holy crap. What a retard. I thought it was natural to know better than to talk to a Marine like that.

Quote Originally Posted by younger223 View Post
    Holy crap. What a retard. I thought it was natural to know better than to talk to a Marine like that.
    Are you kidding me? Screaming at him? "Not cool." haha. Who cares if you've earned a CIB and CAR and have been through hell? You want me to hold his legs, you speak to me in a gentle caress. Sooth me, I'm sensitive you know and I'll - Hey, hey! get your hands off of - oowwww!! Not Cool! Navy, Navy! I'm in doubt!!

Hey, stop giving the kid such a hard time. Because after all, I don't know about you guys, but they promised me a rose garden...

Quote Originally Posted by Aitrus View Post
    Hey, stop giving the kid such a hard time. Because after all, I don't know about you guys, but they promised me a rose garden...
    lol

That's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Man, if MEPS allowed cameras and you could have recorded that, that literally would be the most motivating thing I've ever seen. Did the kid ever come back on over to the Men's Department?

But seriously, that sounds out-****!ng-standing.
    I wish I could tell you. That was the last day I was at MEPS. Chances are he went to the Navy. Didn't like a guy yelling at him. At least he can pull a stress card in the Navy so that way the (whatever they call them) instructors don't hurt his feelings. Good riddance. I'm not even a Marine yet, but I would hate to have some turd like him having my back. If he did go to the Navy, at least I know (as a Poolee) I am tougher than somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    Didn't like a guy yelling at him. At least he can pull a stress card in the Navy so that way the (whatever they call them) instructors don't hurt his feelings.
    A stress card lol? U just whip it out like a soccer referee pullin out a yellow card? Tell me you are kidding.

Thread Information