Martial Arts Instructor
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Martial Arts Instructor

Hello Marines,

I was browsing through MOS choices and was personally really interested in (MCMAP) Martial Arts Instructor. I have boxed for almost 9 years, as well as spent some time doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, and other grappling, so when noticing this I was psyched about it.

I noticed that the rank of Corporal as well as a Gray belt were required to join this MOS. From this I was searching but unable to find an answer of a way to try and get into this MOS from the starting ranks. I see it is a FMOS which I'd assume means you train with your unit and can volunteer/be selected to train for this specific MOS? I was just hoping someone may have followed this path or was able to share some insight with me into how it works, or in general how they feel about MCMAP.

Thank you Marines.

Uhhh is that even a pmos?
    Anyway that's not something you can pick out the get go and don't worry, you will soon realize how gay and pointless MCMAP is.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    like backhaus said, MCMAP is pretty gay and your outside civilian martial arts has no bearing on where you'll be.

Usually as a martial arts instructor you still work within your normal MOS but you are certified to train other Marines in our unit in getting a higher belt

Hahaha, just wait until Boot Camp, its one of the more disappointing things you do there. Still love the eye gouge lmfao...

you can not choose MAI as a mos/primary out of boot

Its not a PMOS but there's plenty of people who spend way too much time being completely useless in the Marine Corps by hanging in Q-Town for years hazing students at MCMAP school instead of fighting wars.

Things like CMT, PMI, MCMAP, Swim are all great opportunities for your BN to make you their b*itch...looks good on your master brief sheet though, and it does help with training your BN/CO.

If you have a black belt in certain MAs in civilian world that could help you move up to high levels in MCMAP...at some level its required in MCMAP, or was at least. So I guess why the heck not.

Thread Information